HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I forgot the tuna fish

One of the dinners both my kids like is tunafish casserole. I don't make it weekly, but every time I do make it they both scarf it up, which is very unusual. Most of the time, the Boy eats everything but the plate and the Girl either complains about any sauce or the food being 'too spicy'. She thinks any spice other than salt is 'too spicy'. My tuna casserole isn't special or different than anyone elses tuna casserole. Egg noodles, tuna fish, mushroom soup, and peas flavored with garlic powder and Old Bay seasoning and topped with panko and a nice thick layer of mozzerella cheese. Easy peasy, right?

Except tonight I was distracted by the bank thing (which is solved) and a bunch of other personal stuff, and I totally forgot to put in the tuna fish. Ahem.

Usually I mix the tuna, soup, peas and spices (shhh, don't tell the Girl) in the bottom of the casserole dish, then add the noodles and topping. I did mix up the soup, peas and spices, and something didn't look right, but I had so much on my mind, I just didn't clue into the fact that the tuna was missing in action.

Even after I poured in the egg noodles and mixed up the ingredients and it looked, oh, shorter than it should in the casserole, I didn't figure it out. I just put on the topping, popped it into the over, and walked right by the cans of tuna on the shelf.

OH! Light dawns over MarbleHead!

I say to the Boy, "I forgot to put in the tuna" and the kid just completely cracked up. He thinks I have alzheimers. I'm beginning to wonder if I do myself! I mean, I have been so forgetful lately and my spelling is atrocious all of a sudden. I know it's just my usual heart stuff, and it's normal for someone with my heart issues, but geesh.

How does one forget the tuna in tuna casserole?

For what it's worth, I opened the tuna, lifted up the baked casserole, and stuffed the tuna underneath, so when I dished it out, you actually couldn't tell. How sad is that?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger theotherbear said...

I am wholeheartedly impressed that you noticed at all before it was time to serve.

30/1/07 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.