HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ice cream in winter and other ponderings

The Girl is sitting in our very cold house (it's around 62 F in here) eating ice cream. I do not understand this. I know that Boston is a huge ice cream eating community and many people enjoy this frozen treat even in the dead of winter. I am not one of them. It is too cold to eat ice cream.

Things I've been thinking about:


  • When I have forms to fill out, I usually put them in a stack right in front of my keyboard where they are supposed to remind me to fill them out. I see them, but I don't get to them until the last minute because I always think I have more time. I never do. Why?
  • The Big Game (Pats vs Colts) is this afternoon, and the Boy disappeared into his room to watch it up there because he screams at the television so much that I get annoyed. Why do males scream at the TV during football games?
  • Clinton vs Obama. And John Edwards. The choices are difficult at best. I lean towards Barak Obama because he's open and seems to be thinking the kinds of things I think as well. Plus he was anti-war from the beginning. Hillary annoys me because she supported the war. I also think she's tarnished by Bill's sexcapades, although they didn't really bother me as much as they did the religious right. Frankly, I'm a lot more concerned about the sexual exploits of Bush's friends and supporters in the Republican party. Coercing children for sex is a lot more perverted than two consenting adults having sex. And lying about your sexual orientation while passing laws guaranteed to screw up the next generation of children totally bothers me.
  • Watching 24 with commercials spoils the entire show. Only seeing one episode a week isn't enough Jack Bauer for me. I'm spoiled by having whole seasons on DVD. I need marathon Jack to keep my heart a-pumping.
  • Has anyone really understand out how to figure out what your ad income from Blogher is going to be each month?
  • Why can't I decide on what makeover design I want for my blog? Any suggestions.
  • Have you tried the Black Pepper Jack Doritos? Ooo, so freaking good.
  • Why does Trader Joes only carry yeast during 'baking season'? And did you know that there was a 'baking season'? I feel so out of touch with the world. I bake all year round.
  • Oatmeal raisin cookies. What could be better?
  • What is the name of that haircut that is all over the place, where the length in the back is medium long, but in the front it is shingled from chin length all the way to the back length?
  • Do you think Victoria Secret commercials are getting a bit out of hand? As in, too sexy for their underwear?
  • When was the last time you heard "Oh my God Becky...Look at her butt?"
  • We have a gift card to Borders but it bothers me that they are so expensive so I can't really bring myself to spend it. Isn't that stupid?
  • Why are mens boxer shorts so expensive?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you certainly have alot on your mind. I've not tried the Pepper Jack Dorritos...I cannot eat ice cream in the winter and I never really noticed how big Becky's but was until you pointed it out. :)

Great post! I'm here via Michele's but I'm glad I came.

21/1/07 4:25 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
I scream at the TV too during football games. I also find that if I DON'T watch the game, my team does better... as soon as I switch to that channel to watch, they seem to fall apart.

And ice cream.... not in winter here... makes my teeth hurt to think about it.

21/1/07 4:41 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Not been here before....Michele sent me..I ate a box of ice cream yesterday our temperature reached over 40C 100+ F..

21/1/07 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Michele's!

You have sooo many thoughts for today...kind of a stream of consciencness post.

I understnad about the too cold for ice cream thing. Of course, I am cold all the time, so I could say that in April or May even.

I am planning a career change to professional freelance writer. How long have you been a writer? freelance? Any tips for a newbie?

21/1/07 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notieced you said that blogspot won't let you upgrade. That's odd; I just upgraded mine with no problem. I know you have to have a Gmail account. Do you have one of those yet? I also have a non-stock template and that hasn't been an issue... good luck. Maybe a note to the blogspot people?

21/1/07 4:59 PM  
Blogger Becky68 said...

I have few answers to your questions... But I will say...
You're not alone on the Democratic conundrum, I too have problems with Clinton's history as one of the most hated women in America & wonder if she can win. (& we NEED a Democrat to win! otherwise I'm moving to Canada)
I like the Cool Ranch Doritos better but I'm not much of a Pepper fan.
except the one from the sir mix alot song, my name is Becky & one co-worker in particular think's it is hilarious to say that every time she sees me...

21/1/07 7:24 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

How about the Black Pepper Jack Doritos all over the top of the banner? With an ice cream cone in one of those red circles to show that you ban them in winter?

Warm oatmeal raisin cookies. 'Nuff said.

That haircut name is STUPID. No, kidding. I just have no idea.

My best friend's name is Becky. I say that phrase to her all the time. Seriously.

Boxers are expensive because they LOOK better and the manufacturers know we gals like them so they are naturally more money.

(Also, I'm typing this as Kennimus is screaming at the football game. And constantly rewinding the TiVo - which could help with your Jack Bauer addiction.)

21/1/07 10:12 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

richard cheese dot com does a hilarious lounge-singer version of baby got back!

28/1/07 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.