HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Just one of those crazy days

Have you ever had one of those days that, by the time you get your kids to bed, all you want to do is get in bed yourself? Man oh man, I am exhausted. We had a long day today, filled with errands and small tasks to perform. Of course my dryer once again conked out on me, so I have no clothing to wear tomorrow, but otherwise, the day was filled with successes.

First the Boy found episodes 3 and 4 of 24-Season 6, so we started the day watching them. Man, I cannot wait to see the whole series. This is going to be a very good season.

Then the Girl needed a few items and so I took her first to pick up more cat food for the Worthless Pet, because we recently changed food types and the new food was so attractive to him that he ate an entire bag in about 2 weeks. What should have taken at least a month to eat. His bowl was constantly empty, the cat was pooping lion-sized poops, and he ate continually for days and days. Obviously that food was too good and he wasn't going to be able to fit through the door if that continued, so we had to go back to the old food. To say he was not pleased would be kind. Oh well.

On the way back we had to stop at JoAnn Fabrics to get some pillow stuffing for pillows the Girl made for herself and her brother. We looked at fabrics and patterns for a long time. Patterns have changed so much since I was a girl. There were the most amazingly cute patterns for handbags and totes and I was practically begging her to make me one, but she decided on redecorating her room and is going to be making a new duvet cover and bedskirt with matching pillow shams. That ought to keep her busy for a bit.

After JoAnns, we went to Linen and Things to look at the sheets, and she bought herself a set of really cute sheets that will match well with the duvet and bedskirt. Of course nobody will see this adorable new bedset she's working on because her room is so trashed that you can barely get in there, but heck, that's MY issue, not hers.

We got home and I made stuffed manicotti for dinner. What a mess that is to make, but so fun squirting the filling into the manicottis. I made spinach manicotti with ricotta. It was good. The Girl complained that there was nothing to curb her sweet tooth in the house, as we're all trying to be a bit healthier this year, so she made oatmeal raisin cookies and we only had one apiece. We're virtuous. No, not so. But at least we're all making an attempt to cut out the junk food in the house.

I've lost so much weight my old clothing mostly hangs off me, but I'm not yet willing to buy new stuff. I want to make sure that it stays off and that I earn any new clothing I purchase. Doesn't stop me from looking, however.

Watched the rerun of Beauty and the Geek and by the time it was over, I was ready to snooze. That show totally cracks us up. The women are such morons and the men are so pathetically geeky. I don't know where they find the contestants. They're almost unbelievable they're so stereotypical of beauties and geeks.

Off to bed. Nighty night.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.