HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Not so Trivial Pursuit

For Chanukkah this year, the family got the game Trivial Pursuit, Pop Culture Edition-DVD Version (what a mouthful). We've played it a couple of times, but there is no way anyone can beat The Boy. That kid is the master of pop culture. If only there was a high-paying job for people that know their pop culture inside and out.

Today a friend was over and he talked us into playing the damn game. This is after at least 2 weeks of constant nagging me to play with him, which I declined because not only does he always win, he does so with way too much swagger for a 14 year old. But I said that if Iris agreed to play, I would too.

Of course he took the lead right off the bat, and started in on his gloating. It is funny because it's so darn predictable how he's going to act, but also a tad bit more annoying than one person can take. We're having a grand old time, with Iris and I giving each other hints and trying to undermine the Boy, and he's getting more and more competitive as the seconds tick by.

But it's still fun. And of course, he won hands down. We all laughed and it was great fun.

I made him lunch today, Bird's Nests, and as I was cooking them he said "I love you Mommy" and I said "I know you do." He then replied "Especially when there is food involved."

Ahem.

Life is just a barrel of laughs these days. We're having a lot of fun playing silly games and laughing a lot. The whole atmosphere has lightened up recently. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because we're kind of stuck inside in the cold so we have to do a better job of entertaining ourselves, but whatever it is, I'm liking it.



Finished my scarf and wore it both yesterday and today out in the frozen tundra. It is warm and fuzzy and totally adorable. I love it. It was very weird yarn to work with, a double ply where one thread was the fuzzy black stuff, and the other was a radiating color with the blobs of fuzzy fleecy stuff. Tough to work with, but it knits up fast.


Now the Boy wants me to make him a new scarf, so we have to go out to pick our yarn. I have no clue as to what he likes, so we'll probably spend hours discussing the various merits of guy yarn.


The Girl's taking pictured of herself again. The are not fabulous but she's going for an Emo look. Check out the rhododendron behind the porch. Is that not the ugliest plant you have ever seen in winter? It's gorgeous when in bloom in the late spring, but hidious the rest of the year. We've got quite a few of them and I hate every one. Stupid stupid plant.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Althouse said...

Cute kids. I've got a three-pak myself. I just had to go rescue my youngest down at the gas station... his jeep wouldn't start. There's something funny going on with the alarm, but all I see are dollar signs.

The kids take much for granted, but when they do remember to acknowledge my existence, it's sincere. It makes it all very much worth it.

Thanks for sharing a piece of your life,

Via Michele -

Mike

27/1/07 5:37 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Sorry it took me a while to write a comment, I've been busy reading your other posts. Twins? Oh boy do I admire you. How do you do it? I have one 2 year old, I couldn't imagine what it would be like with 2, 2 year olds!! Good on you.

Love the scarf. Lovely wool.

Here via Michele today.

27/1/07 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.