HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

How much would it take?

I gotta ask. How much would it take to get you to move to Oswego New York? Would you go for a million dollars? How about 5 million? How about nothing doing, no way no how. Because that's MY answer.



In case you've been in a cave this past couple of weeks and don't know, Oswego has, in the past couple of days, received 64" of snow. And it's still snowing. That is snow so deep that trying to remove it is almost impossible. It's over 5 FEET of snow. In two days.


There's a SUNY in Oswego. I gotta wonder if the students are ok in their dorms, sitting tight and watching the snow pile up past their windows. I mean, what do you do if you're only 5 feet tall. The snow is over your head. That doesn't happen too often.

I'm not totally against snow. Heck, you can't live in Boston and not be able to tolerate snow. But over 5' in a couple of days. Um... it's way too much snow.

For anyone, even Sasquatch.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger rhea_becker said...

I had no idea this was happening up in Oswego. Wow! The photos!! But I beg to differ: I think Sasquatch would enjoy this.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles
Boston, Mass.

8/2/07 10:04 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

It might be fun to live through, once.

8/2/07 12:10 PM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

not for any amount of money. i live in california and it's almost been too cold for me here recently. i think i need to move to the equator.

8/2/07 1:08 PM  
Blogger Becky68 said...

I've lived in Hull twice, once not far from where the picture on my blog was taken, when I was 18, (great first apartment!) & again with my oldest's father at a rooming house when I was 20 & 21 I grew up in Rockland though & that's not far from Hull, it was like a home away from home once I had friends with cars.
We had about 3 inches the other day & an inch or 2 (plus ice) a few weeks ago.
My kids are pretty good about the cold. They know I'll just tell them to put on a sweatshirt or get under a blanket on the couch!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

10/2/07 2:03 AM  
Blogger tjsoundguy said...

I'm typing this in Oswego RIGHT NOW. I grew up here, & after many years away (on both coasts)- I'm back. While the weather has been *ahem* impressive over the past week, today's sunny skies have really given us a chance to dig out.
We used to joke about Oswego, "Never live anywhere where the birds leave!". Now, where's my car.....?

Best,

TJB

11/2/07 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.