HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 15, 2007

MY teen won't do a Jackass move

There must be something terribly wrong with my son. I tried and tried to talk him into pulling a Jackass move today, but he wouldn't budge. Can you imagine? He was afraid! He thought he might get killed. Like that matters to any real Jackass fan. I'm so disappointed in him!

OK, he might have had a decent reason to say no. I'll give him that. But geesh, when I come up with something both dangerous and with the possibility of real fun, as a teenager he owes it to his peer group to jump up and rush out and perform said Jackass move.

But no..... And just because when he got home from school his bus couldn't even make it up the driveway due to inches of thick glare ice, so he had to walk up our huge hill to get home. And, boo hoo hoo, it was so slippery that he ended up on his hands and knees literally climbing up the hill. He needed crampons, evidentally. I wouldn't know, I haven't poked my nose out the door in 2 days. It's cold, people. Cold and icy. Why would I want to go out there?

So, I get this brilliant idea that he make the driveway into a private luge track. It has sides where the snow plow left remnants of the blizzard before it turned to glare ice. It has a couple of good curves, and a great downward slope. What kid wouldn't go for it?

OK, the driveway spills out into a busy street. I'll give him that. But he could bail, right? I mean, if I were 14, I'd have gone for it in a heartbeat. Of course, I was in Los Angeles at 14 and didn't know shit about cold and ice, but that's another matter. I was the kind of kid that took chances. Crazy chances. I thought it might be genetic, but nope. The Boy is cautious. How boring!

The Girl, she probably would have done it, but she's been feeling poorly.

So I put out the call to all my readers. Anyone want to try it? It looks like SO MUCH fun! We've even got a decent mogul on the front lawn where the steps are built into the hill. We've even got sleds. All you need is to be really nuts and live life to the fullest possible danger point.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I want you to be my mom. I'd totally try it. (Might need a stiff drink first!)

16/2/07 12:21 AM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

oh, pick me, pick me!!! i'll try it!

16/2/07 4:07 PM  
Blogger Wordnerd said...

I happen to have a boy of my own that would love nothing more than making a Jackass of himself! Too bad we're waaaaaaay down here in the south!

Here from Michele's. Great post!!!

16/2/07 6:37 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

We had a rare cold snap in my neck of the wood over the Christmas break. I iced our driveway and the lil' clones and about 7 kids from the neighborhood spent all morning sliding. It melted by noon, but was so much fun we did it a second day. I took several runs also.

My kids won't do all the crazy things I want then to. Isn't if awful that sometimes our kids have more commonsense then us. Dang them :)

Here from Michele

16/2/07 6:40 PM  
Blogger Her Majesty said...

HA!!! I love it! I wish I had the opportunity - busy street and all! What a hoot!

What'd you do that he's so ...reserved? ;p

Here from Michele's since the posting of comments isn't functioning well, I popped in at the same time as you and mine double-posted again. Wasn't going to bother trying to post saying I was coming here, too. Longwinded, I know, I apologize. :)

16/2/07 11:20 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

Not going to fall for it. I broke my ankle slipping on ice at the end of my driveway while walking the dog two years ago. I hate ice now and my neighborhood is full of it at the moment.

Michele sent me.

16/2/07 11:30 PM  
Blogger Sarch said...

Common sense and no bodily harm...rockin' sled ride down the drive...common sense and no bodily harm....rockin' sled ride down the drive...

Man I JUST DON'T KNOW!

16/2/07 11:49 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

That sounds crazy! I would be so worried if my mum suggested that too me! :P

But i would do it anyway, then try and convince others to do it too! Or maybe get them to do it first, then if it didnt hurt them, i would do it! :P

Ps, Here from Micheles :)

16/2/07 11:50 PM  
Blogger Faye Pekas said...

HAHA I love it! Some kids these days.. no respect for authority. :)

16/2/07 11:51 PM  
Blogger Blond Girl said...

well, Michele sent me and I just have to say that... I'm with the boy. No way. No friggin way. But then, I'm a wimp like that - oh, and I really hurt myself tobogganing once (I grew up doing that)and... just... nope!

17/2/07 12:32 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

It's scary to remember the things my brother and I and some of our friends used to do on ice when we were kids. The worst memory is that sometimes we'd go out on the river that ran through town and stamp through the ice in a circle until we had a big floating disk. Then we'd move from side to side and use it like a teeter toter. As an adult I can't imagine how we never slipped into the river. Kids can be sooooo dumb! You're lucky your son wouldn't do weird shit like that, Margalit.

18/2/07 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.