HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 10, 2007

April vacation is gonna hurt

For the first time in many years, April school vacation this year happens two full weeks after Passover. The two almost always overlap, but Pesach is early this year, and so the kids are going to have to go to school during all of Pesach. I'm OK with that. I'm a bit afraid of the food issue, however. My kids will not take lunch. That's a given. Nobody in high school takes lunch. Brown bagging it immediately signifies that you are a complete geek in our school, and my kids just will not consider it.

I usually don't care. Neither of the are big lunch eaters and they usually only eat sandwiches and salads, never ever the hot entrees. I think the hot lunches also signify geekiness or something. But my kids won't go near any mystery meat.

I have no idea what the school does for Pesach week regarding lunches. The kids look at me as if I'm daft when I ask. I could request that they eat salads from the salad bar all week, but if there is something really tasty, like Mozzerilla Sticks, they're gonna eat them.

I guess I have to figure out how much that will bother me and how much I want to intervene. We keep a pretty strict Kosher for Pesach house, and I'd like my kids to honor that in school as well, but I might be dreaming.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Manning said...

So many munchy foods--so many calories too! lol!!

10/3/07 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.