HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 23, 2007

Blogging on Blogging. How quaint! (Updated)

The last few days I've sort of, well, lost interest in reading other people's blogs. I've got a bazillion blogs in my bloglines reader, and I'm skipping through all those bolded blog names like I'm in a hurry to get through the list before my bladder bursts.

Truth is, I'm finding that so many bloggers experiencing the winter doldrums at the same time makes Margalit a depressed blogger. I've read so many "I'm sick, the kids are sick, the dog is sick, the roof is leaking, my plumber sucks, I can't sell my house, I can't find a house to buy, I'm too fat to fit into my clothes, food is my enemy, I hate taking medication, I need medication, my doctor is a moron, my husband is a moron, my professor is a moron, the entire world is filled with morons" posts I'm about to keel over and cry uncle.

OK, I get it. The world is sucky right now. It is for me, it is for you, it is for everyone. Those of us in the USA are getting our collective asses kicked by a government so corrupt you can't even believe they have the nerve to show their faces. Oh, I forgot, they're above the law.

We're fighting a war that is doing nothing other than wearing us down, making us all sad and depressed and feeling hopeless.

Our planet is getting hotter, the polar ice caps and melting, and nobody wants to take any steps to remedy the situation. Because, 'the scientists are lying' according to the government of oil producers and greedy landowners.

We need good news. We need something positive that will get our collective egos in gear and make us feel better about ourselves and the world around us.

We do not need more celebrity mistakes, more family tragedies on the news, no more missing children and dead mothers and boyfriends with guns. It's enough of that crap. We need to have something to hold onto. Something that is going to make us joyous. Something that will being back good vibes. We need hope. We desperately need hope.

But until something appears on the horizon to give us hope, let's all call a complaining truce. Do you think we can do it? How about some positive things going on in our lives? Maybe just for a week. A week of happy, funny, upbeat stuff. No complaints. No sadness. Looking for the glass half full, for once. I'm not asking for Pollyanna. Just think of the positive feelings you get when you hear or read good news. Why not try, for just a week, to spread that forward to our readers. If each of us said nice positive things, thought happy thoughts, reached out and looked inward for what makes us content, what makes us happy, what brings us joy, and then share that, wouldn't that be fun for a change?

I'm going to try it. I encourage others to do so as well. Tell me if you post something positive and I'll link to it!

And oh, have a great weekend!

(Update) I screwed myself. I now have to put a positive spin on two huge pools of vomit on my living room floor. OK... um, I just washed the floor twice and it looks sparkling clean! (Even if it still stinks to high heaven.) Because... it's another weekend with two sick kids. Yippee. Isn't life awesome?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Here's my "gratitude" post which I posted after my husband lost his job:
http://poetrychook.blogspot.com/2007/03/gratitude.html
I really do feel grateful (of course, it's autumn here, not the end of a long winter, and it looks like being a rather beautiful autumn).
There is alos lots of sharing of poetry on my blog, and poetry makes me happy too :)
Michele sent me.

23/3/07 7:14 PM  
Blogger canape said...

A few of us just started a Gratitude Blog this week. Come on by and join in if you like. We promise nothing but sunshine (saving the clouds for our own personal blogs!).

http://gratuitousgratitude.blogspot.com/

23/3/07 9:42 PM  
Blogger MileHighDivaCyn said...

Hey from Michele's!!
I have been gone since Feb from the blogosphere but I'm trying to be back! I had the winter doldrums too and a bad case of bronchitis!

23/3/07 10:03 PM  
Blogger The Scribe said...

Great idea! Positive stuff. Let's see. I can come up something. I'm sure I can. If I just keep thinking...
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

23/3/07 10:14 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I do agree, we need something positive...something hopeful...something to look forward to...I don't write complainey posts---Usually, so, do go see what I'v posted, my dear, because the last 4 or 5 posts arew pretty positive coming from me...no matter what is happening....
The world feels like it is fucking coming to an end..but, I'm still writing about flowers and other hopeful things...(Well I think that's what I have been doing....! LOL)

23/3/07 11:18 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

My post today is positive! And I posted it before you said this....LOL

23/3/07 11:19 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oooops..Forgot to say Michele sent me tonight, my dear....AND, I hope your kids feel better very very soon...!

23/3/07 11:19 PM  
Blogger David said...

so glad you have a clean and sparkly floor- i wrote something cryptic, maybe, or just silly. You be the judge.

I worked too much today, grrrr

24/3/07 2:19 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

I just got back from New Orleans and I've been raving about it for some time. The weather is turning and I'm feeling the signs of spring! Yayyyyy!!!

24/3/07 2:53 AM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

Well other than complaining about the train system in my city I generally do the bright side type thing at my blog. In fact I just checked, and lately I have looked at the bright side of looming death, injuries, pit toilets and sandwiches. Hmm. I really should get out more. But feel free to come visit, as I live in the southern hemisphere where it is just edging out of summer. Oh, yeah, I also complain about how hot it is, regularly.

24/3/07 7:20 AM  
Blogger something blue said...

There is a lot of good in the world. It's not too hard to find. It's just easier to complain.

24/3/07 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.