HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's delightful, It's delicious, It's.... (Now with recipe)

Absolutely beautiful weather. Warm and breezy. The snow is gone. GONE. I feel a sense of renewal. Even with whining children who feel crappy I feel like there is going to be summer, and lots of warm days inbetween. Isn't spring just the best?

I made cinnamon buns last night. Because Passover is looming, I'm trying to use up all the hamatz I can. Yesterday afternoon I made a chocolate-orange pound cake. It was fabulous. And then I got the hankering for some old fashioned cinnamon buns. They took hours to make because they have to rise twice, but I used a lot of the whole wheat pastry flour up, and now we have a nice healthy-esque snack to eat for the weekend. Just call me Betty Crocker. I do love to bake. Unfortunately, I also love the results, but I think a home baked treat is a lot better than a bag of Doritos, right? Come on folks, encourage me.

The big Boston Craft Fair is coming up. We won't be able to go this year because it's right before Passover and it happens to be the weekend I have to turn over the kitchen, but I've been looking at all the different artists, and have put a bunch of the links on my stylehive badge. Go take a look. I've only got a small amount of what is actually going to be on display. If you're in the Boston area, I encourage you to check out this show. It's filled with amazing crafts; local, national, and international.

See, nary a complaint!

For the cinnamon bun recipe, go here. You'll also find plenty of great recipes there.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

The buns sound delightful. I'm hungry just thinking about their homemade goodness.

Which reminds me: we're all sick here, and I seem to have forgotten to eat. Time to go downstairs and scare up something before I pass out.

Glad you found the silver lining!

24/3/07 3:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Can I have your Cinnamon Buns recipe? I've only seen recipes using all-purpose flour, and they don't seem to rise very well.

24/3/07 5:12 PM  
Blogger dakotablueeyes said...

Hello michele sent me

24/3/07 6:07 PM  
Blogger carli said...

I think I am going to keep Passover this year, partially out of fear and partially out of tradition and partially because I know my mother will buy me food. . . but even though my kitchen is tiny, I'm not getting rid of any hamatz. I'm too poor and too lazy.

Cinnamon buns sound tasty.

24/3/07 6:30 PM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

oh, i am dyingto try my hand at cinnamon rolls. can i have your recipe?

26/3/07 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.