HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 16, 2007

Venturing outside in the blizzard

The Boy and I decided that we needed to get some fresh air and check out the snow tonight. We got all dressed up in coats and scarves and hats and gloves and lord only knows what else. Once we were appropriately covered in multiple layers, out we went into the snow.

Well, you can see that it's still snowing really hard. Although the flakes look huge on the photos, they're actually the small biting type, but they're piling up fast. I tried to take a photo of the back of the house, but...well... I'm totally freaked out by this photo in which my house has disappeared. Honestly, it's really there. Heck, I'm in it right now. But it isn't in the photo.



Here's the Boy looking particularly fetching in his penguin pajama pants and full winter regalia. "I'm too lazy to put on pants", he says.



We walked down the driveway a bit but it got dark and kind of scary so we ambled back up just in time to see the snow plow take on the street behind us. Back and forth the plow went, trying to get all the snow piled up along our back stone wall. By tomorrow it will be higher than the back wall.



The boy tried to write "Hi" in the snow, but it didn't come out all that great in the photo he took. He tried.



We had a lot of fun, but it was cold and snowing to beat the band, so we decided to end our little foray into the wilderness of our yard.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

That is totally cool! How neat that you all went out into the murk to enjoy the storm. I like the spirit of that: wish it could snow that hard here so we could do the same.

Then again, it IS snowing here, and I have to walk the puppy soon. I'll think of you when I do!

16/3/07 9:23 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My Lody...! It's like the snow won't quit! This is a friggin' blizzard, Margalit!
It looks quite wonderful from afar....But truthfully, I don't know how you do it, my dear...
If I never see another snowstorm in my life....That would be just dandy with me....

Here from Michele tonight and it was in the High 80's here today...(Forgive me, I just couldn't help but tell you....).

16/3/07 11:28 PM  
Blogger Chelle A. said...

Brrrr! It was in the low 70's here today. We golfed all afternoon! We've had our fair share of snow, though.

I enjoyed your pics!

Here via Michele's,

Chelle

16/3/07 11:53 PM  
Blogger Her Majesty said...

Sounds like fun! (I like snow.) I know the feeling of looking for the place and it's just not there...

Hi from Michele's :)

17/3/07 12:15 AM  
Blogger scrappintwinmom said...

Its snowing here too. Not looking forward to shoveling tomorrow. Here via Michele!

17/3/07 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.