HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 16, 2007

When the weather outside is frightful

Whomever came up with "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" ought to be shot. Really. We were having such a great winter. Less than 6 inches of snow the whole freaking season. It was fabulous. Yeah, there was the bitter cold for a few weeks, but the warm weather overall? That was delightful. On Wednesday I was out in a t-shirt. Today, not so much.



I woke up and it was gray, but the snow hadn't started yet, so I stupidly decided that it was not going to snow at all. Because I didn't want it to and you know, what I want, I should get. Ahem. But curses, it started to lightly snow right around noon, and by 3 the roads were covered and the hill was obliterated. I watched one neighbor slide her way down the hill on foot, which was pretty funny. And then I realized that she was walking down because her friend picking her up wouldn't get up the hill. Goody... that means we're stranded.

Mr Plow Guy came around 4 and did his usual barely adequate job of plowing the hill. Barely adequate because it is still snowing. So anything he does now will only be blotted out with more of the white stuff, which is coming down fast and furious. Already the driveway is covered again.


But look at our sledding hill. Just look. We finally have enough snow to go down the hill. More is falling every minute. It's gonna be fun!



Open invitation. If you live near me and need a place to sled, come on by. We even have extra sleds. And a mogul. Only one, but it's fun to go down.

Just bring your own hot chocolate. And a cup for me.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Let's see, I'm in Oregon. I can be there in about, oh, say 4 days? You going to hold onto the snow that long?

Hi, Ma'am, I'm here from Michele's place.

16/3/07 4:43 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Oh, I love those photos... just the photos, not the snow. lol

I noticed your little "Christine" button on the side bar. We love this show! Always cracks us up.

Michele sent me!
~S

16/3/07 6:25 PM  
Blogger Becky68 said...

I do not envy you, snow is high on my list of reasons never to move back to MA! My 17 year old however, would love to take you up on your offer, I showed her your pictures & she told me she hated me for moving her to VA! We are getting rain here instead of snow, though it's only about 35 so it's possible that we may have flurries as it gets darker. (or so they say, I, like you, am in denial over that idea.
Here from Micheles, though I would have been stopping by anyway.

16/3/07 6:47 PM  
Blogger Vid Digger said...

Margalit, I'm on my way over!

Hi, Michele sent me!

16/3/07 7:05 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could, Margalit. Something tells me it'd be a hoot to sit around the table with you and your mishpacha and chat.

Your neighborhood looks like a homey place, too. You're not anywhere near Framingham or Southborough, are you? I seem to have reason to be in that part of Mass. on occasion.

Have a great Shabbat!

16/3/07 8:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa R. Garrett said...

We woke up to over a foot here in Ithaca, NY. That's after it had all melted just a few days ago and we, like you, were out in just t-shirts. Ay yi yi . . . this stinkin' weather.

18/3/07 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.