HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Amazing Laughing Girl

Even with all the angst going on at home, we've been laughing a lot. I don't know why things appear to be so funny, but some things seem uproariously funny right now.

Yesterday, on the road right next door to the hospital, we saw some horses. The Girl loves horses, so I pulled over to look at them. All of a sudden she got batshit excited and started yelling "There's a llama! It's SHIRI" Now, to most of you, that doesn't seem in and of itself funny, but for anyone whose kids have attended a Hebrew Day School, "Shiri ha Llama" is a character you never ever forget. Shiri is the Dick and Jane of day school. Shiri is the first book in hebrew that most kids learn to read. You never ever get Shiri out of your life once you've read those stories. They're patently ridiculous.

Shiri seemed to right things for us. First, he had two jet black back legs, and two furry brown front legs, which looked very funny. He had a big long white neck with a brown muzzle and he was just standing outside the barn looking regal. We fell in love. Today it's pouring out, so no Shiri. But we pulled over to look.

Also on the ride home is the most astounding house I've seen around here. We go through a rural part of Wellesley, which is a fancy schmancy community to our west, and the home of Wellesley College, Hilary Clinton's alma mater. To the west of the college there is a house, nay, a mansion with 8 chimneys and a huge conservatory. I promise to take a photo of it as soon as the weather clears. When we initially drove by, I looked, pulled the car to the side of the road, and said "That looks like the frigging White House!" I think it might be about the same size as the White House, too. There are other big huge homes with lots of barns and horses. It's actually a beautiful ride home.

As we drove Kelly Clarkson came on the radio. I am NOT a fan of Ms. Clarkson. I never have been. Every song, like Beyonce, seems the same. Clarkson has a formula to her songs. She starts off with this throaty low sexy voice, singing a few bars of a relatively simple tune and THEN SHE STARTS SCREAMING IN HER LOUDEST HOARSEST VOICE FOR THE SECOND PART OF THE REFRAIN.

So freaking annoying.

I do an imitation of her and the Girl totally loses it. She is laughing so hard that I think she's going to pee her pants. "Again" she says. I swear it, sometimes she's like an overgrown two year old.

Today, as we're driving to the hospital, we've got her friend S along for the ride. The Girl asks me to do my Kelly Clarkson imitation for S. I do it and S laughs so hard that she has tears flooding her face. She's snorting when she laughs. She cannot stop guffawing. She's in hysterics.

I had no idea I was so funny. I guess I am.

After a quick stop at Blockbuster to pick up some movies to watch, the Girls are snuggling under a blanket on the sofa.

We all feel better after a good bout of laughter. It really is healing.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Nikki-ann said...

Sounds like you're great company on car journeys! :D

Here from Michele's.

15/4/07 4:17 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Margalit, first let me say thinks for the nice comments on my blog post. I am happy to bring back good memories for you, however clueless I may have been about it...LOL

We really need to have a pod-cast so we can hear your imitation of Kelly. Your description of her singing is just perfect!!

15/4/07 4:29 PM  
Blogger Mr. Althouse said...

I agree with Judy... some audio please???

A day without laughter is like a day without sunshine and a day without sunshine is like... night! *takes a bow for Steve Martin*

Michele sent me,

mike

15/4/07 5:03 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like through the difficlt times you all still have the ability to laugh and enjoy!

Thanks for the visit Margalit and let me just say about your comment....That was the point I was trying to make...That Morris saw what was happening in the "inner me" and chose to paint that...I was thrilled and touched by that...This is a man who cannot hear, but "hears" beyond the norm, and sees what he sees/feels and expresses it on the canvas. With ALL the laughing, and believe me, there was plenty...that is not what he saw or chose to show in this painting. It meant everything to me.

He is NOT a portarait painter. You are not going to get a photigraphic rendering if he paints you...! I never expected it to be conventional in any way...but what I was stunned by was how much he understood on a very deep level about "The Inner Me", at that time...and as I said above, it meant everything to me. I don't know if that makes ay sense to you, but...there it is, anyway.

15/4/07 5:06 PM  
Blogger Karen Rani said...

You do realize I expect you to record it and post it, a la The Pioneer Woman....that would be hysterical.

p.s. Thank you for your recent emails...you have no idea. :)

17/4/07 12:22 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Everyone. Believe me, I'd record it if I had anything that records a voice. I don't. What does one USE to record someone singing? I have no clue. I mean, tape recorders... when was the last time anyone owned one of those?

If someone advises me on how to record it, I'll post it. I promise. Because this is must not miss music.

17/4/07 3:26 AM  
Blogger Karen Rani said...

Go into Accessories on your computer and there's a sound recorder there - you'll just a mic. Once you record and save it, you should be able to save it and post it! :)

17/4/07 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.