HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Anyone have a title?

I've got a couple of topics here to discuss, but they don't mesh together and they don't fall under any one topic. So we'll call this a MishMash post, OK?

First, lots and lots of meetings and phone calls about the Boy today. So many things to consider. So many things to ponder. Much boils down to a couple of main themes: the Boy hates school, which is not only a lifelong bloop, but one we really can't do much about as he won't turn 16 until after he graduates from high school, allevai. So with the school, we are going to work out an alternative plan so he can pass his classes without so much stress and turmoil. Which means a lot of tweaking and probably a bit of homeschooling. Oh joy. But we're going to make it work.

The other major theme with the Boy is also a long term issue: he does not transition well. Now for all of you with spirited 3 and 4 year olds that don't transition well, do not assume that they will naturally outgrow this trait. Not all kids do. The Boy has never transitioned well. He's been the kid with the 15, 10, and 5 minute warnings since his preschool days. In thinking over all that's been going on, I've come to the conclusion that his ability to hyperfocus, joined with his refusal to transition without warning, causes him undo stress and strain. Which means we're back to the time warnings. Oh geesh, does this crapola ever end? It's actually OK. I just thought, mistakenly, that by the time a kid was a teenager, he wouldn't need to be reminded of a change. But I was wrong. Not the first time and certainly won't be the last.

Because these themes have resurfaced again and again throughout his short life, it becomes rather apparent that when he's depressed, he needs structure. He's always done much better with structure. Unfortunately, I'm probably the most unstructured person on the planet. So I've got to buckle down and get onto some sort of schedule. I think I'm allergic to schedules, but I'll epi-pen my way through this stage. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

Lastly, more med changes. The pdoc at the hosptial wants to change everything. I haven't yet spoken to his pdoc here, but I'm guessing he's not going to be all that thrilled with big changes, as he's on vacation most of May. Plus, some of the changes the pdoc at the hosptial mentioned are not things that I'm willing to consider without a lot more research and probably another opinion or two.

----

Ok, so that's a Boy update. Let's move on to a Girl update. Tonight she had "the best night of her life" according to her. Her VBBF's dad is involved in the music industry, and he invited the Girl and his daughter to a private party for a band he's involved with. The Girl LOVES this band, called OmniSoul.
I've never heard of them other than my kid, but she loves them. So imagine how exciting it was to not only go to a private concert, but then to join them afterwards and have their photos taken. Swoon! Oh, come on. She's 14. This is the ultimate for a 14 year old. When I was her age I got to go to a private Jefferson Airplane concert in Santa Barbara and it was absolutely the highlight of my life. :-)

She's going to be working at the Rocky Road Music Festival and will see this band again there. Be still my heart! She's going to be paid for working in the Festival 'office' for her BFF's father, the promoter and organizer. There are 27 different bands playing over the weekend. She's going to have the best time of her life. I may go and supervise one day, just to make sure everything is safe and secure, but she's got decent adult supervision and a good head on her shoulders, so I'm not particularly worried.

----

I'm totally upset about the Supreme Court decision regarding 'late term' abortions. As a person that has had what could technically be determined as a late term abortion due to Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM), I am appalled that these asshats on the Supreme Court have refused to consider the life of the mother in this determination. I got so sick from this pregnancy that I almost died. I was in the hospital for a week on IV antibiotics and it took weeks at home to recover. I wanted this baby desperately. It was an IVF baby. I had long passed the danger zone of the first trimester. When my water broke, I would have done anything to keep that baby. According to the ruling this week, I would have had no choice. I would have had to deliver that baby vaginally, which wasn't happening, and I could possibly have died from the infection. I had a D&C, but it was very late term. They would not have allowed it. Which means that I would be dead, and the Boy and Girl would never have been born. Pretty stupid logic, methinks.

----

My blood sugar is out of control. Perhaps because I'm not following any diet right now. I'm barely eating, and when I am eating, it's the wrong stuff. I know it, I'm clear that I'm doing it, but right now I seen to have no control over what I stuff into my mouth. I can't bring myself to cook for myself. The Girl eats almost nothing I want to eat. With the Boy absent, why bother cooking? So I eat things that I shouldn't and then I am so tired from carb overload I can't function. I'm going to do better tomorrow.

Later, gaitors.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

A lot going on Margalit...I am unfamiliar with some of the terms you used in connection with The Boy..."tranitioning"...I assume that means going from one thing to another...BUT, I'm not sure.
I hope you get his neds all straightened out.

The Girl sounds like this is a great time for her! Hooray!

And the eating---I understand. Mine is not completely out of control, but not as good as I used to be about it all...OY!

Here from Michele's this late afternoon here in Los Angeles...A rainy day and we need it, badly!

20/4/07 5:50 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

I wish you much luck with the decisions you are making with the Boy. Go with your gut feeling--you will know what is best for your kid.
As for the Girl, I can only imagine the bliss. I also feel really, really old when I recognize exactly *zero* performers at a festival.
I also have a huge problem with the way the Supreme Court ruled. It seems they have tied hands of physicians rather than making law. A slippery slope indeed.

Here from Michele's. I'll be back.

20/4/07 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.