HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Catalogs, why do you mock me?

I am not much of a catalog shopper. I do some online shopping, mostly to find items I like and then to go purchase them in retail stores. I don't like to buy what I can't feel and handle. I need to try on clothing. I need to touch fabrics. I need to see real colors and not what my monitor or a catalog tells me the clothing will look like. I evidentally am a luddite when it comes to shopping.

Recently I had to buy shoes, and because Sasquatch is a distant relative of mine, shoe shopping is more than just a chore, it's a miserable experience because shoe stores do not carry my size. They have no hearts, the shoe purveyors. So I must pick out shoes online or in catalogs. The pair of shoes I bought didn't even fit and I had to return them after the 'event' because they left me a functional cripple. And those were my size. See, trying on things is a necessity for me.

Since I bought those shoes, catalogs have started coming to my mailbox in droves. At first it was just a bunch of gigantic shoe catalogs. They come with startling regularity, and most of the shoes are horribly ugly. I can't see myself wearing most of the styles they tout.

After the initial shoe catalogs came a bunch of clothing catalogs. Because I have gigantic feet, the catalogs assumed I also have a gigantic body and sent a bunch of ubersized clothing catalogs. The assumption wasn't completely unfounded, but with my recent weight loss, I need clothing that is actually not made by Omar the Tent Maker.

But no problem. Because I started getting furniture catalogs. And catalogs of home decor. These I devour. I cannot believe how beautiful some of the offerings are. And how expensive.

Anyone that follows my Stylehive knows that I have very expensive taste. Though I live on a pauper's income, in my imagination I am the queen of disposable income and have all the living space to collect art glass, pottery, and anything else that strikes my fancy. These catalogs don't care that I can't afford anything in them. They come purposely to mock me and make me feel like less of a person because I cannot spend thousands on a stone bathtub or a hand made bed. Never mind the glass. Oh I love the glass. Had I the funds and the space I would have the most amazing collection of glass.

Which is why my Stylehive has been so active lately. I've decided that I can spend the money virtually by showing you all of the things I think are beautiful, amazing, or funky. This is so much fun. It's better than scouring Etsy, which I also do.

Go ahead, click on my Stylehive and browse thru the offerings. Tell me which products you like best. Enjoy it. It's all free for the browsing.

--

I haven't had the time to pick the winner of the free book contest yet because my children are taking up all of my time. I KNOW...the nerve of them. But I'll choose someone by this weekend in an old fashioned pick from a hat, and will post the winner by Monday. OK?

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I like your Sasquatch line. Funny. But I take Bigfoot seriously.

11/4/07 8:52 AM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

you have some beautiful things on your stylehive! i love the Laura Spector bed!

11/4/07 12:53 PM  
Blogger Me. said...

I do not know what size you are but I am assuming it is not 6M. Here is a great place:
http://www.designershoes.com/designer/
I used to work for them and they are a great company owned by a brilliant person; Barbara. I think they have a total of 6 employees and are very good about orders plus located in Boston right on Newburry St. A little hard to find but they are there. Let me know how that goes, and say hi to them from Darya.

11/4/07 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.