HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 27, 2007

It's all about ME

The wonderful and highly entertaining Naomi sent me 5 questions to answer. Before I even start answering them, let me tell you a bit about Naomi. For those of you who know and love her, skip right to the questions. But for those of you who have never read Here in the Hills, Naomi's blog, you're in for one of the great treats of the blogosphere. Naomi is an honest to God Broadway and Hollywood actress, now happily retired in the Hollywood Hills where she has one of the most outstanding cactus gardens in the world.

Naomi blogs about her acting life, her friends who are likely to be famous actors, and of course about that magnificent garden. You never know who is going to pop up in a Naomi post, but they are always interesting, provocative, and leave you with a feeling of Hollywood in the 60's. Because I grew up in LA not that far from Naomi's home, and my family was also in 'the industry', sometimes Naomi brings up things from my childhood that make me shiver in rememberance. I just love her blog.

And now on to the questions:

1. If you had to change your hair color and style, what would you change it to, and why?

Um, my hair is naturally gray, having been growing out for several years now. I would like it to go back to it's non-gray color, but I don't want to color it because it grows so fast that I always have gray roots. So it's gray to stay! But as far as a style, man could I use some updating. My hair has been the same style forever. It gets shorter and longer, but essentially it's long, brushed straight back, and that's about it. So I'd like to have one of those cuts where it is parted on the side, with long bangs that sort of brush by the side of my eye, and shoulder length with some fringy stuff on the sides. I don't know what this would be called, but it would look well on me.

2. Dancer or Singer?

Easy peasy. Singer. Totally rocking singer. I love to sing, I have a good strong clear voice that was trained when I was younger, and people tell me all the time that I have a great voice...in shul!

3. Do you believe in "The Power Of Positive Thinking"...Explain?

This is a tough one. I want to believe in it. I really do. But in actuality, I don't. It doesn't work for me. I know that it does work for some people cough(Oprah)cough, but the fact is, I'm a pretty positive person most of the time, and I believe that things will improve and I work hard to see the positive in things, and yet things don't change for me. So I guess the answer is, I don't know...maybe...for some people...but I need more empirical evidence.

4. The Zoo has said that you may take one animal home with you. Which animal would you pick, and why?

This is can answer. A Giraffe. I just love them. Those big doe eyes, that long neck, they can be so gentle and inquisitive, very loving animals. Yes, they can also be dangerous and wild and can kill a man with one powerful kick, but they're essentially gentle and sweet. And so freaking pretty!

5. You have just been elected President of The United States. What are the first 4 things you would do in your new position?
  1. Remove the troops from Iraq immediately.
  2. Petition Congress to change both the minimum wage (which is actually going to happen, but it's not enough) and the poverty rate so that the poor can get subsidized housing and health care through their state government.
  3. Repair the American infastructure. I'd provide money for road and bridge repair, school upgrades, police and fire stations, libraries, etc. I'd make sure that there is enough housing for EVERYONE, and that market rate apartment buildings must include some subsidized units.
  4. Outlaw vinyl siding. It's the most digustingly ugly think in American society and it must go...NOW.

Do you want to play along? Follow these instructions and you too can be interviewed!

  1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
  2. I'll respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
  3. You post your answers to the questions on your blog.
  4. You include these directions and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When other people comment asking to be interviewed, you ask them five questions of your choosing.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Great Answers, Margalit! It is so interesting to learn more about a person through questions like these and other questions I've seen on some other blogs. Hope you had a good time doing it...And you will no doubt have a good time thinking up some questions for those that respond!

And Thank You for your lovely words about me...! I'm overwhelmed!
Have a great weekend, my dear.

27/4/07 5:31 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, gee...I am the only one who commented on this post?? Lord!

And you worked so hard answering them, as did I, coming up with the questions in the first place...
Oh ye of little faith...

Well. Too bad.

Michele sent me back tonight.

27/4/07 10:33 PM  
Blogger dakotablueeyes said...

On that zoo question I would take a zebra home with me lol

28/4/07 6:20 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Good job! I had to come see what questions Naomi gave you - she gave me some whoppers too! It's always fun to answer the creative questions though!!!

30/4/07 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.