HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Oh goodie, more wildlife

My neighbor was out in the back yard poking through the woods. Odd, for he rarely ever ventures as far as our hill, which is actually a rocky cliff that isn't passable on foot without carabeeners and ropes. I watched him for a while trying to traverse down the cliff, and then go back up and stand staring at the road down below.

Finally my curiosity got the best of me and I went down to check out what he was looking at.


A fox den. It's under that second rocky outcrop. I can't even see it, but that's what he says is there.

Oh boy, nothing like living 6 miles for the heart of the city with wild turkey and foxes living in your back forty. I had no clue. I've never seen a fox here. I knew we had coyotes nearby, but not foxes.

Oh course, our stalwart companion and attack cat, the Worthless Pet was on hand to survey the situation.



I'm just waiting for a majestic stag to poke through the woods. Or maybe a moose. We've had moose in town. Oh, that's right. Our moose like to shop at Bloomingdales!*

*Several years ago a lost female moose ended up in the back parking lot of Bloomies here in town. Apparently she felt underdressed and needed to check out the designer labels.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

Just once I'd like to have a pet that fulfilled a practical purpose. Is that too much to ask?

Still, the warm, wet nose and sniffly kisses while I fall asleep are pretty good. Animals are sweet, if not especially helpful around the house.

7/4/07 5:21 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Your little doggie is adorable and looks like he's a real snuggle-buggle. Worthless Pet, OTOH, refused to let anyone snuggle with him for the first few years we had him, and now he demands snuggles ONLY when I'm on the computer...he likes to sit along my left arm with his paws over my shoulder kneading me. My entire left shoulder is filled with pinholes. It's so attractive!

7/4/07 6:13 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Worthless Pet is adorable. I adore cats, no matter if they snuggle or not!

We live right by a highly commercialized area (think Target, Panera Bread, Pier 1, etc). Yet daily, there are critters in our little circle. I scared a few deer the other morning as I returned home from Curves (It's right across the dirt road, so I walk). Previous to that, we had a wild turkey - a TOM, no less, who was displaying his tail feathers for all to see (no females around, though). I suppose that all the goodies I throw off my deck is attractive to wildlife...I throw out bread, fruit that is just past ripe (but not rotten!), old lettuce, etc....keeps the good critters happy!

Michele sent me today, but I'm adding you to my RSS reader...I'm from Northern Maine, myself, so anyone up "north" is a good read to me!

7/4/07 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.