HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Malady awarded me a Thinking Blogger award for my ranting on politics and the state of insanity that is the United States of America. She said "for forthrightly sharing her politics and social musings" but I'm realistic. Rantings. Yup, that's me!

I'm quite thankful that someone thinks I have something of value to say, and even happier to know that I've made someone think about the things that engage me.

So now it's MY turn to award five bloggers a Thinking Blogger Award. Which isn't as easy as it sounds, since pretty much everyone I read has already been awarded at least once. And I feel like it's important to offer this award to people that don't already have one. It's not a popularity contest, it's an award for making me think about things in a new way.

Here are my nominations:

Ren Reb. She doesn't post very often, but when she does, it's a doozie. She's the wife of an Orthodox Rabbi in some big city. She's raising kids. She's a 24 addict (how could I not love her for that). She talks about Judaism with great insight into what it means to be the wife of a Rabbi, how to run a household when the entire community watches your every move, the continual demands on her family by their community, and my favorite, Phil, the ubiquitous synagogue nag who never strays into the background. She's hilarious, she's irreverant, and she's living the life I have always longed for.

Blackbird, for making me appreciate good design, parking lots, trips to the city, living life with 4 men, all different, all interesting, all amusing, and in general making me look forward to ever new post. She's always got something new to bring to the blogosphere. Sometimes it's a photo essay, sometimes it's an introduction to wacky fashion don't, and sometimes it's about cooking in her fabulous kitchen. But no matter the topic, she's the first blog I check daily.

Daniel, for making me feel more deeply about someone I've never laid eyes on than I ever thought possible. This isn't an easy read. In fact, as I told Daniel and Lee, sometimes I have to steel myself to read this blog because it makes me sob the really-ugly-red-nose-dripping kind of sobbing. But it also gives me a glimpse into the most romantic and loving couple who are living a terrible part of their lives with grace and dignity and even humor. They are beautiful and Daniel presents their lives in poetry that makes my heart ache.

Paul, for making me see the medical community in a new light, for introducing me to the darker side of hospital life and making it lighter, more intereting, and definately more palatible. And for showing a remarkable sense of humor while running a huge hospital, being involved in our city's insane local politics, and in general being a way cool guy, even though he continually refuses to adopt me.

Curt Shilling. His blog is brand new. It's stirred up the press in Boston. It's gotten terrific reviews by the fans. Everyone in town is reading it with their mouths agog, not quite believing that all of a sudden they're in the Red Sox locker room getting to hear the behind the scenes musings of a great starter. While Curt and I don't agree on politics at all (he's a Shrub supporter), he's obviously very smart, a real thinking man, and he lets me inside his head as he talks about what it means to be a major league ball player and World Series hero while at the same time starting a gaming company, raising large sums of money for two of his own charities, and raising 4 children in the country. He's interesting, he's controversial, and he's a RED SOX great!

Now, each of you bloggers has to name 5 other blogs that are making you think. Get to it!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

You have no idea how much I appreciate this honor today - this week...
I'm off to pay it forward, and read my fellows!

4/4/07 5:15 PM  
Blogger Paul Levy said...

Thanks, Margalit! I'll do my part to pay it forward.

6/4/07 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.