HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ding dong, the Dolt is Dead


Jerry Farwell died a few moments ago. Gosh, golly gee. What a shame. Heh. The founder of the Moral Majority. Mr. Evangelical himself. Hater of women's right to choose, hater of gay and lesbians, hater of Jews, hater of blacks, hater of anything remotely liberal, including all Democrats. Hater of Tinky Winky, for heavens sake! A segregationist. Can you believe it? He was a friend of George Wallace and Lester Maddox. Ugh. He believed that secular education was dangerous and led to.... (it's coming).... atheism! Oh, the horror! He supported apartheid in South Africa. I mean, really...apartheid? Who the hell supported that? The guy blamed Pagans, feminists, lesbians, gays and abortionists for 9/11, What a nice guy, eh? His church was charged with fraud and deceit by the Securities and Exchange Commission. And my personal favorite, Falwell has asserted that when The Antichrist ("The Beast") comes, he "must be, of necessity, a Jewish male." Yeah. Nice.

Can't say I'm gonna miss him. Can't even say Rest in Peace. The guy... he drove me insane in life. I'm sure not sorry about his death. I know, I'm a bitch, but the man was a total asshat. I hope he rots with his Jewish friend, the antichrist. He doesn't deserve anything better.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I have read your blog for awhile, and while I don't always agree 100% with the things you say, this really shocked me. I am not big in to politics, but wow.

"Can't even say Rest in Peace. The guy... he drove me insane in life. I'm sure not sorry about his death. I know, I'm a bitch, but the man was a total asshat. I hope he rots with his Jewish friend, the antichrist. He doesn't deserve anything better."

Someone that would say something like this about a human being, regardless of how "mad" they make you, is just slightly over the top. I respect your opinion on so many things, and have learned so much from tons of your posts, but I am going to bow out now. The man died, and you cannot even wait 24 hours to say something so rude?

I wish you nothing but the best for you and your children, and hope that noone ever says things like this about you.

15/5/07 2:02 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Jill, I'm sorry I upset you, but Jerry Farwell was a horrible hateful man. HATEFUL. Maybe he was a little bit nuts, but that didn't stop him from enticing his huge megachurch to be as hateful as he was. I believe he was evil. Nobody but an evil person would act in the manner he did. No one. He spread hatred and intolerance worldwide. He blamed innocent people for things they had nothing to do with. He constantly insulted every single minority he could, he tried to control American politics by spreading hatred and intolerance. He was EVIL.

If people say things like that about me, I'd be quite surprised. I may not be Miss Sunshine, but I'm not evil, I don't preach intolerance and hatred, and I don't lie through my teeth on a consistant basis in order to further my own sicko agenda.

When Evil dies, I can only be glad that he's no longer able to spread his hatred. That, to me, is the best thing going. I know I'm far from alone in this sentiment. If you don't agree, that's fine. But a lot more people hated him than followed him. He hurt people and didn't care one whit about it. So if I hurt him back, does that make me evil too? I don't think so.

15/5/07 2:26 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Ok. (So much for bowing out, right?)

Like I said, I don't follow politics for the most part, and I had heard of Jerry Farwell, but never really paid much attention. So, after reading your post, I decided to do a little searching. I read many, MANY things about this man that I find disgusting. I certainly understand why you disliked his outlook, lifestyle, etc. He didn't seem like a very nice man.

I have to stand by the fact that I don't agree with this post, in the fact that the man just died moments before you posted it. He was still a human being, with a family and friends, and I think he, as a PERSON, shouldn't necessarily be talked about like that moments after passing. Respect for the dead and all that.

I really do like your blog and respect your opinion. I am not going to stop reading, so we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Thank you, by the way, for handling my comment the way you did.

15/5/07 4:01 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I can't really say that I'm sorry that he's dead.

15/5/07 11:08 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Jill, after this exchange of opinions, I found THIS post and thought of you. See, compared to this guy, I was respectful and polite. :-)

http://thezeroboss.com/2007/05/15/holy-shit-its-the-rapture-jerry-falwell-goes-back-to-god-much-to-humanitys-relief/

15/5/07 11:34 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Margalit,

I have to agree, LOL! After reading so many blog posts today about him, I am feeling like an ass. I hope you will accept my apology, I need to learn to check myself before saying things. Or at least maybe read up on things I know NOTHING about.

People all over have very strong feelings about him, and I didn't know much about him until today. I'm not usually such a nitpicky bitch, I don't know what got into me today.

I am going to stick to leaving comments on things I actually know something about, LOL!!

16/5/07 2:59 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Jill, I'm laughing my butt off. No problem, really. We all tend to get hot and bothered by things every once in a while. Me, a tad bit more often. But man, Jerry Farwell. I don't know HOW you missed hearing about him, but I congratulate you for living life without him driving you nuts. I think I've posted about his various and sundry asshat behaviors at least 5 times since I've had this blog. That's how much I loathed the man, and how annoying he was to me.

But that's a thing of the past. Today I'm feeling sad that Martin Luther King's daughter died. She was only 51. Younger than me.

16/5/07 9:16 AM  
Blogger sarah cool said...

Okay, best quote ever:

"He supported apartheid in South Africa. I mean, really...apartheid? Who the hell supported that?"

16/5/07 9:32 AM  
Blogger Malady said...

Margalit--
I thought you might enjoy this post summarizing Falwell's "accomplishments."

http://www.americablog.com/2007/05/breaking-news-anti-gay-bigot-jerry.html

17/5/07 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.