HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Badges for the rest of us: Now with MORE badges

You're not going to BlogHer? You're busy that weekend attending Cousin Enid's third wedding? You're too shy and think nobody will talk to you? You're too wimpy to reveal that weight gain you haven't blogged about? You're too poor and can't even afford a postcard, never mind a flight, hotel, and entrance fees to the conference? You just don't want to go?

Well, don't feel left out. Thousands of bloggers aren't going. We've all got reasons. Me, I'm on poverty's doorstep. Unless someone ponys up a couple of thou, I'm not going. Plus, I'm really not that interested in the squeeing. I'm a bit too old for that, methinks.

For those that aren't going, but want to alleviate the discussions, I've made some buttons just for the rest of us. The non-attendees. The shy, the wimpy, the scared, the poor, the busy... you name it, I've got a button for it. And they are there for you. That's right. Help yourself. Link them up to Blogher.org, just like I did. But please don't hotlink to me. Put the badge on photobucket, link it to blogher, and then place it on your sidebar. OK?



Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger teebopop said...

Love them! Using them! Thanks so much.

5/6/07 5:11 AM  
Blogger barbie2be said...

i went the first year on a bloghership as i was a live blogger for two of the sessions.

it was fun. but, it was also in my hometown so i didn't have any other expenses.

it was great to meet some of the bloggers that i read.

i didn't go last year and won't be going this year because not only can i not afford it, i am a volunteer for the canary foundation at the San Jose Grand Prix and it is on the same weekend.

5/6/07 10:44 AM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

HA!!!!
That is the funniest thing I have seen all day.

5/6/07 5:49 PM  
Blogger Thumper said...

I'm not even sure what BlogHer is...

5/6/07 7:08 PM  
Blogger SmocknMama said...

Oh, margalit, i've "met" you over at Ellen's and follow your Twitter (that sounds funny *snork*) and I just had to come over to check these out. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love them. I'm tired so I'm off to bed, but gonna put one up tomorrow - fist things. Oh, crap. I'll do it now.

5/6/07 11:50 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Love the buttons. I won't be going because it is of no interest to me @ this point.

6/6/07 1:03 PM  
Blogger ali said...

i love this.
i'm in the 'i can't afford blogher' camp.

you know it's going up on my site. thanks!

7/6/07 9:00 AM  
Blogger Honeybell said...

I love these! Thanks you, and I really enjoyed your blog!

8/6/07 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.