HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BF update + Fun fun fun!

The Boy was getting ice cubes out of the freezer and dropped the entire tray on the floor right after I told him I had just made that tray and they were not yet ice cubes. Sure enough, cubes were easily shattered and floor was soaking wet. First he blames the pizza dough for making him drop the tray. Um, not gonna work. Then he leaves the mess on the floor, promising to clean it up after dinner. OK. I'm not unhappy with that.

So we eat dinner and then he's got to clear the table. He walks into the kitchen and says, 'Hey, the floor is all wet." I reply, "I wonder why?" He looks at me totally puzzled. I say "Ice cube tray". He gets this funny smile and says, "Good point!"

This is how he cleaned it up. Yes, a real effort, isn't it? And people wonder why I say teenagers are no different than toddlers. Big giant toddlers with very foul mouths and body odor.


I tell the Girl to get the camera and all of a sudden he's all, "No, I don't want anyone to see this." My feeling is, if you're so damn lazy that you can't even wipe up a mess you made, then you deserve to be featured in my blog. It's like the public stocks!

He comes over and sees that I'm posting about this and he's begging me not to. But I don't care right now. So he threatens, "When I'm the ruler of the universe I'm not going to take kindly to this." Oooooo, I'm scared! Quaking in my boots. Heh. If he wants to refute the story, he knows how to post on my blog.

In other news, my mommyvan appears to have finally reached it's death knell. First the rearview mirror fell off...again. Then the car started bucking and gasping for breath during he heatwave we're currently experiencing. Then this morning the car was hesitating to the point were it just didn't want to go anywhere. At all. I got it to go a few blocks, but that was it. I think it's not salvagable at this point. Not that I can afford a new car right now, but maybe I'll have to negotiate and see if I can find something that isn't a beater, but is cheap enough to not kill me. Like maybe an imaginary car. With air conditioning that works. And maybe an engine that goes. You know, like a real car!

Not only was the Boy annoyingly funny today, the Girl had her own antics to report. First, I got a package that was wrapped in a log of different bubble wraps. Oh man, there is nothing more fun for the Girl than bubble wrap. I left it on the coffee table just waiting for her to notice it. Hours later she spys it and starts popping it. She's cackeling and laughing like an insane person with every pop. You had to be there to appreciate her.

Then, after the bubble wrap, she decides she's hungry. But too lazy to actually get up off the floor where she's lounging, so she says to me, "Make me a sandwich, Woman!". As you can imagine, that didn't work. I ignore her and she decides that perhaps whining at top volume might work better. It did not. I tell her that there is a new loaf of bread in the freezer, the peanut butter is already out, and I think she's capable of getting the jam. But no, she is "too tired" so she wants me to do it. Studiously ignoring her pleas, she gets up in a huff and makes her own sandwiches. Harumph! She's reading this over my shoulder as I type it, and I tell her to go away and she says, "Don't dismiss me like I'm nothing." Toddlers, I tell you. Tall, very verbal toddlers.

I wrote a paper check to someone today, and he went to three banks and couldn't cash it because they could not read my handwriting. How embarassing is that? I write maybe 2 checks a month, and they can't read my writing. Mortifying. But damn funny.

Right now they're fighting over a blanket. A freaking blanket. Heaven help me, this is the first week of summer vacation. I'm so screwed. Send in reinforcements. Quick!

Addendum: As I'm posting this, Bob O'Reilly (aka Teenage Wasteland) comes on the Ipod (with speakers), and they decide to dance. They are both completely over the top insane. Honest, I'm surrounded by inmates and they're taking over the asylum.



BF Update: BF was spotted at day camp by a mutual friend. Friend reported that BF was leaving early and was picked up by an unfamiliar car. That is all we know, but that probably indicates that BF is out of the house. Or not. We're trying to get more info.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

Oh yeah toddlers works for me. They also have nasty little temper tantrums!
Good luck with a car! I've have been there before. Last Mother's Day I got a brand new 2006 Honda Civic 4dr EX. Ohhhhhhhhh I love this car. It starts every single time I try. It has terrific AC and I can park it anywhere. Of course, it's most likely the last mother's day present ever!

27/6/07 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.