HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Jessie Davis found murdered

As soon as I heard the story out of Canton Ohio about a young mother, 9 months pregnant with her second child, who went missing, I knew there was foul play. All through the week or so that she was missing, I tried to be hopeful, but I just couldn't really toss aside the idea that her boyfriend, a police officer on the Canton police force, had murdered her. Unfortunately, it seems I was right. I didn't want to be right, but sadly, I was. Jessie Davis was indeed murdered, and her boyfriend Bobby Cutts, Jr. was under arrest for her murder. Jessie's young son must have witnessed the murder. He told police that "mommy was in the rug", words that made me just sick with dread.

Cutts was arraigned on two counts of murder, Davis and her unborn child. He was married to another woman, and had children in that marriage. He is, I repeat, a police officer. He left his 2 year old son alone in the house when he carried off her body. What kind of man is that? That would not only murder his girlfriend and their unborn child, but then to leave their other son alone after witnessing the murder?

Does this sound familiar? It does to me. Yet another case of a powerful man committing murder of a pregnant woman. I do not understand this. Why do these men not walk away? Why do they have to kill a woman and a baby yet to see the light of day? What is it within their psyche that allows them to think that these actions are even slightly rational? He must have loved her. He had stuck with her for several years, fathering 2 children with Jessie. What could have gone so wrong that he felt murderous?

I don't understand the rage of men. I know that they have some kind of extra testosterone surge when angered, but still, why can they not contain their rage? This year in Boston we've had a huge upswing of murders. Men killing men, men killing women, men killing strangers, men killing children. Men killing. There are nights when 2 or three stabbings or shootings happen. People injured or killed for no reason. Or no sane reason.

I understand the rage of poverty. I understand the rage of being a second class citizen in this country. But I don't understand the rationality behind thinking that it's within my right, or anyone's right, to kill another person. Heck, I can't even kill a fish when I go fishing. I don't have one of those "life is sacred" philosophies. I just don't get killing. I get anger. But killing is beyond me. Harming another person is beyond me.

I am never ever an advocate of the death penalty. I don't fall for the old 'an eye for an eye' adage. I believe in punishment. I want Cutts to be severely punished for his crime. I don't think he should ever see the light of day again. If he's guilty, of which there is little doubt after he lead the police to Davis's body, I hope he gets life with no possibility of parole. Maybe in some horrible prison far away from his family. Family that never needs to see this man again.

Can you imagine what his wife and children are thinking? And Jessie's son. What will become of him. Such a terrible tragedy. Such a senseless waste.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

I don't understand women who feel that all men are filled with rage. :-(

23/6/07 6:14 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Dave dave dave, You KNOW I love you to death, but dahlink, you've got your own set of rage. Like road rage? Ahem! I know you're not going to murder anyone, but I do worry about you splitting your head open when you get the road rage. Please...do not ever drive in Boston. You'll 'splode from the rage.

23/6/07 6:22 PM  
Blogger CaHwyGuy - Daniel the California Highway Guy said...

I don't understand the rage of men.

Not all of us. Feel free to ask my wife and family; I've never raged like that.

So, either I'm an aberration, or the problem is not our sex in general, but the "bad apples" who don't know how to deal with life and what it throws them.

23/6/07 9:01 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Whatever the gender, it's God-awful when someone murders a loved one and drags down the entire family in the process. It's a tragedy of unimaginable proportions, and I fear for that little boy's future now that this has transpired.

Sometimes I wonder how God allows things like this to happen. I really need to know that there's a larger context within which inexplicable events like this can take place.

Maybe I'm just a heathen. Sigh.

23/6/07 10:42 PM  
Blogger Dave2 said...

Surprise! I have a good friend who lives in Boston, and have driven there a half-dozen times! Though, I totally know what you mean, and have even written about it!

But I do think that there is a big difference between getting upset while driving and becoming so enraged that you would murder a pregnant woman. There is no rage in me so great that I could even conceive of doing such a horrible thing. :-(

24/6/07 12:19 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

I think, for the first time in the long (ahem) history of this site, every commenter is male. Wow, I feel very honored!

Dave, your post on Boston was hilarious. I CANNOT believe you tried to drive in Fenway traffic in the Back Bay. Didn't someone warn you about that? And the parking. The PARKING? You actually thought you could park your car in Back Bay? How hilarious. I've got tears in my eyes from laughing. Nobody actually parks in Back Bay. Even me, with my handicap placard, don't even try.

I once had to do a week long class at the Lenox. It was a lovely hotel, very nice people, and location location location! Plus I got to meet several of the Celtics when they actually were a real live basketball team instead of the pathetic poseurs they are now. Kevin McHale. Larry Bird. Those were the days!

Carmi, you are so not a heathen. But your question is legit. I don't know how God does allow such terrible things to happen, and it does make me question whether or not there is a 'higher power'.

Daniel, I know you aren't a rager. You're a peacemaker. I don't think all men are filled with rage. Just look at you guys. Dave's a buddhist, Carmi's a journalist with a huge heart, Daniel, you're a perennial nerd but a great father and husband and a real mensch. You're all good, nay, great guys.

But there are so many others that just don't seem to value life at all. And I don't get why.

24/6/07 3:17 AM  
Blogger crazy dog lady said...

You know, it may be true that this man murdered his girlfriend. But this is still America, and he was arrested. He is STILL innocent until proven guilty and your skewering him on the internet really isn't fair.

If he did it, the courts will most likely find that out. But until then, he deserves the courtesy of not being tried in your blog.

I am in no way condoning murder. But I have seen too many bungled investigations. And convictions of innocent people. It is true that most murders are commited by relatives and close friends, not strangers. However, unless you have proof that this man did this heinous crime, don't you think you should lay off sentencing him before the courts get around to trying him?

24/6/07 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.