HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh Lord He Cannot Change

Let's talk about the Boy for a bit, shall we? I haven't had much to say about him lately. But he certainly was "on" today. I had to take him, at the crack of my dawn (8:15 am) someplace. He was incredibly up and ready well before it was time to leave and had the Ipod at the ready as soon as we got into the car. He plugs it into the car 'sound system', which consists of an ancient tape player and factory installed speakers because we are real high class when it comes to sound systems. The first tune is a Bob Dylan classic, then we move on to some Jimi Hendrix, and then some Rolling Stones. I'm OK with the music until Freebird. Freaking Freebird!



He turns it way up during the guitar solo, and I tell him to turn it down. It is, after all, very early in the morning for Freebird. He dutifully turns it down for about 2 seconds, and then turns it way up again. I tell him a bit more forcefully to turn the damn thing down. He does, but with complaints. "It's such a good guitar solo." Like that matters at this ungodly hour of the morning, and me with no coffee.

A few seconds go by and I say to him, "You know, there is someone outside your bubble." He agrees, and I continue, "You're not the only person in the car and you're being incredibly annoying by turning that up immediately after you were asked to turn it down." He says, "I know, but it's SUCH a great guitar solo." Like that's a good excuse for being rude. I am now totally disgruntled.

Freebird ends, and another song of the 60's comes on, and I say to him, "Isn't there anything from this century to listen to?" He says. "What do you mean?" I say, "Like music from when I wasn't in high school."

So he puts on the White Stripes. Really loud.

Ah, it's gonna be a GREAT day. I can tell already. Fortunately, summer school starts next week. He's taking a math class. At 8 in the morning. Thank God.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

Oh, poor kid. Summer school.

25/6/07 9:05 AM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

OMG...Freebird gets on my LAST.FREAKING.NERVE. My son has recently raided my husband's stash of heavy metal CD's and become enamored of Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Rush, and Metallica. I don't mind, really, but males do have some weird genetic need to turn EVERYTHING up just as loud as they possibly can.

He's very cute. He looks to be close to the age of my oldest son. I think the fun is just beginning.

25/6/07 10:24 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Are you kidding? Complaining about good old rock and White Stripes....tell him to check out Back Door Slam, new group out of the U.K., a bunch of 20 year olds with Yardbirds/Robert Cray souls, he'll love them.
Besides babe, it could be 'Smack That' or Dr. Dre or Snoop or 50 cent or any other manner of music. I'll take old rock and guitar solos any day over that.

25/6/07 1:57 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

My 16yo son hates me right now so I'm getting the silent treatment. Darn. I'm hoping this lasts a few weeks. LOL. He loves Led Zepplin. ARGH. He also must wear his headphones in my car. Rule is MY cay My Music. Dad's car, whatever music.

25/6/07 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.