HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tidbits on Tuesday

You wanna know how old I am? Old enough to remember the original Mickey Mouse Club on TV. That's freaking old. I only tell you this because this morning the Girl asked me if it was Tuesday, and I immediately started singing:

Tuesday, Tuesday
Tuesday is real good news day
Today is Tuesday, you know that that means?
We're gonna have a special, special guest
So roll out your carpets
Strike up the band
And give out a hip hooray
Wiggle your ears
Like good Mouseketeers
Cause Tuesday is Guest Star Day!

Yes, I remember ever damn word because I am a freak of nature. I can't remember how to spell anything, but I remember Spin and Marty episodes from 1959.

Took the adbrite ads off my site. It slowed everything down to a crawl. I need the money, but not to the point of my site bogging down when loading. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I want to give a shout out to the folks at All Clad for making the best pots and pans to ever ever exist. I love my All Clad. My pots and pans are about 10 years old now, and they perform beautifully every time I use them. Best investment I've ever made for kitchen equipment. They'll last forever, I'll pass them down to my kids, and they'll probably go to my grandchildren as well.

I used to burn stuff when I used crappy pots and pans. I had RevereWare. It sucked. When I got my All Clad, I got the deal of a lifetime. My former employer had given us gift certificates for holiday gifts. I used mine for the All Clad when it was on an after Xmas sale. But even better, I got even more off the price because I opened a charge account (never used) at Macy's to purchase the All Clad. I got so many pieces for almost nothing out of my pocket. I think it was one of my best ever purchases. If you're cooking with crappy pans, buy one good skillet or saute pan and see how it performs. The difference is tangible.

Why do scissors and tape disappear? Where do they go?

Why is it when you need to file your nails you can never find an emery board, even though you have bought thousands of them over the years?

Do you clean your phones? I don't have germ phobias, but phones... they need to be cleaned with an antibacterial. All those germs spitting out of various mouths. Ugh.

What is it about people that need to say "Hot enough for you" when it's 90 degrees outside. Yes, it's hot, dimwit. It's summer!

Why does my rear view mirror keep falling off my windshield?

When the Boy downloads stuff onto Itunes, Itunes is nice. But when the Girl or I use the computer, Itunes just pops up and takes over the computer. Why does it hate us so?

Soap opera actresses are not very good. Especially the new ones. Whenever a new character appears on AMC I think, oh she couldn't be worse than the last one, but she always is. Sad.

The only decent thing on television right now is Hells Kitchen. I love me some Gordon Ramsey, and this year they have quite the crop of bizarro wanna-be Chefs. I'm guessing Julia is going to win. She's the calmest under fire, she desperately wants to learn, and she has already impressed Gordon several times. So she cooks at the Waffle House. She's really the best of the bunch.

Big Brother is starting next week. I love that show. I get so into it. I don't get the 24-hour feeds, but I read the transcripts online and follow it pretty closely. The Boy likes it too. A lot. We end up gabbing about the "houseguests" for hours. There is just something so, I dunno, prurient about this show. It's as it you're spying on people's lives. Yes, I know a lot of it is staged. And I know that the people are acting as much as they can. But some of the characters they find for this social experiment are so freaking bizarro. It hooks me every single season. Although I think it's going to be hard to beat last summer's All Stars with Dr Will and Boogy. Those two totally cracked me up. With Janelle playing them, and Howie acting like a mental case. That was good television.

I love the smell of Murphy's Oil Soap. So fresh and clean.

Hungry. Gotta go.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I do clean phones. They get so dirty: the cord (if there is one), the mouthpiece, the earpiece. Jeez.

26/6/07 2:19 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

Whenever some fool asks me if it's hot enough for me I like to say:
NO - I LIKE IT WHEN MY PANTS BURST INTO FLAMES.

26/6/07 4:06 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Good answer, blackbird. I may have to co-opt it.

AllClad is wonderful. I only have one (thus far), but I do love it so. I burnt the hell out of a big saucepan the other night and the first thing that went thru my head was "Yay! Now I can get an AllClad replacement."

Between the AllClad obsession and the Henckels knife obsession, I think I need to find a cheaper obsession.

28/6/07 12:08 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Major Bedhead, I'm not a fan of Henkels anymore. I used to love them, but they vary so much in quality now that I'm more partial to Sabatier. I think they're better quality. But I'm dying for a Koyocera ceramic knife. They are so amazing. Have you ever tried one.

Oh, can you tell I'm a total kitchen slut?

28/6/07 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.