HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weekend fun (or frustration)

I spent much of the weekend redoing my blog template. Oh, you say. It doesn't LOOK different? Really? How about squinting. Nope, same damn bridge. Same cheery summer weather. Same disorganized mishmash sidebars. So what's up?

Well, not the new template. That's for sure!

I have it 99.9% done. There is one little tiny thing that I cannot get to work. I've labored long and hard over it and I'm completely stumped. It's totally usable. But it's not perrrrfect. Ms Obsessive Compulsive demands perfection, doncha know?

The problem is, I made a new banner. It's 950px in width. I place said banner on my template on the main space, which is also 950px wide. You would think that this would allow the banner to stretch over the entire width of the main space. You would be so wrong. For some reason, the banner absolutely will not cooperate with me. I've made it bigger, smaller, and just right. Just call me Goldilocks, Blog Designer. Or not. Because no matter what changes I make, and they were legion, the banner always behaves the exact same way. It leans to the left, it will not center, and it will not fit across the entire width of the required space.

Why is this a problem? Because it's not symmetrical. I cannot deal with it being out of symmetrical order. It looks wrong.

Now, don't go thinking that this is the only thing that's not absolutely perfect. I'm working in a sandbox, and until I get the glob, oh, I mean blog, up there are going to be some ugly little things that I'm going to have to just breathe through. Like my google ads, which are currently green but must immediately change color or I will combust.

Don't get me wrong. I love doing this. I honestly do. It's fun and it exercises my brain. I like fooling with code. I like playing with Illustrator and Photoshop. But lordy, when something stares me in the face for a whole weekend and I can't see what the problem is, I get a tad bit frustrated. You might even say I'm 'testy'. Because I am.

I promise you, once I solve this little problem, I'll get the thing up and it will NOT look like every other blog with cute mommy's drinking coffee or martinis. Cause I don't fit that profile.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Erm, do you use a test blog to try your scripts out on? Yours looks good as it is, I'll look forward to your changes.

18/6/07 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.