HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 19, 2007

10 seconds of moi: Blogme 2007


MochaMomma has asked for bloggers to please introduce themselves in 10 seconds or less. She planned this as a way for those going to blogher to get to know each other, but also asked that people who aren't going (that would be me) do it as well. OK, I love Mocha. I'll do anything she asks. But being incredibly verbose (what, who me?) this is going to be hard. My life in 10 seconds. Must do it in bullets. Read fast.

  • Native Californian, have no interest in ever moving back
  • Been living in MA since 1976, when I came here to Boston for Grad School. Have no plans to leave.
  • 55 years old, highly overeducated, worked for 25 years in high tech, 10 in higher education at Northeastern University.
  • Born with a congenital heart defect, I'm now disabled and work very part time blogging and doing web site design.
  • Have 15 year old boy/girl twins.
  • Twins have various 'issues' and take up a lot of my time.
  • Became an educational advocate to help parents of gifted/LD kids fight the public schools to get services for their kids.
  • Have a cat named Worthless Pet.
  • Live on a large tract of land in suburban Boston where I grow herbs, vegetables, and perennials.
  • Read voraciously.
  • Love TV and watch it a lot.
  • Loathe most popular culture having to do with Paris, Britney, Lindsey, et al.
  • The Cure is my favorite band, the Clash is second. I live in the 80's, musically.
  • Played piano for 12 L.O.N.G. years. No longer play.
  • Was captain of my lacrosse team in high school.
  • Did undergrad work in Boulder Co as a physical anthropology major.
  • Traveled for 2 years after high school and drove from Lisbon to Kabul in a VW bug.
  • Speak Hebrew.
  • Love to bake, like to cook.
  • Favorite sport to play is walleyball. Not volleyball, Walleyball.
  • Make my own bread daily.
  • Do a lot of volunteer work within my community.
  • Am very involved with local politics (much to my neighbor's chagrin)
  • Hate the Bush administration with a passion.
  • Want to adopt a poodle.
  • Believe sarcasm is the highest form of humor.
  • Biggest dreams are to go to India and white water raft the Colorado River.
  • Hate people without empathy.
  • Have hots for Jack Bauer, Johnny Depp, Jon Papelbom, Jimmy Smits
  • Lifelong Red Sox fan and Yankees HATER.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Mmmmm, Johnny Depp. Yummy.

I keep trying to go over to that site, but it just spins and spins. I'll try again tomorrow.

20/7/07 12:05 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Did you update your Firefox today? Mine updated and it caused all sorts of hell until I rebooted 3 times. Now it's working just fine. Before, nothing would connect. It couldn't even find google. What the f?

20/7/07 12:45 AM  
Blogger Mailyn said...

I'm waiting for my disability. I am going insane waiting for them to approve it. They are soooooo slow!!!

20/7/07 1:06 AM  
Blogger myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

It's so much fun to hear others' stories. I am totally in awe of things people do that I can't or won't. For example, hello you bake bread fresh daily? Can I PULEASE move in with you? Or at least in a shed on your property so I can catch some of the yummy smell?

And 80's music? Rock on, Bon Jovi! My husband still makes fun of me for the overrepresentation of the 80's on my iPod!

20/7/07 9:17 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

"Worthless Pet." Possibly the best pet name EVER....

20/7/07 5:04 PM  
Blogger Becky68 said...

10 seconds is a short amount of time! I think I'd need at least 60!
Maybe with bullets like you did...
I got my blogger stuff working again & wanted to say hi!

21/7/07 10:54 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Nice to meet you - I am also the female half of boy/girl twins - oh, and Johnny Depp...ROWR!

23/7/07 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.