HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 13, 2007

Another episode of Gifted or Blond?

My son... let us just say that he's all guy and has been since the day he was born. He can't find anything, even when it's sitting on a shelf right in front of him. He 'forgets' how to do anything he doesn't want to do. He spends way more of his free time napping on the couch than any woman would, regardless of her level of illness. He controls the TV, never asking, but just changing the channel when you are in mid-show. He doesn't ask, he tells. The world revolves around him. Always has, always will. I pity the poor woman who ends up as his partner. She's in for quite a ride.

After the frosting making the other night, he was tasked with washing two bowls. Two. Not the dishes, the cake racks, the utensils, just two damn bowls. He put it off for an hour or so and then my nagging got him up and into the kitchen where he 'washed' the bowls.

About 20 minutes after he went upstairs to bed, the Girl came downstairs to do the dishes. She comes to my desk and shows me the two bowls the Boy 'washed' and placed in the dish rack. Ahem.



This is his idea of washing dishes. What am I going to DO with this kid?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Flutterby said...

Put blonde hair on him and I couldn't tell your teen boy from mine, lol. I fear for mine as well. If it can't be nuked or eaten right out of the package uncooked, he's going to starve. He will never have clean underwear because he forgets, in spite of numerous lessons, how to start the washing machine. He will have to eat off paper plates because while I *can* get him to unload the dishwasher from time to time, he is at a total loss when it comes to loading it. (which is probably a good thing because paper can go in the microwave)

13/7/07 9:13 PM  
Blogger myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

Is there any chance I've inadvertantly already married your son? This is how bowls look after my beloved has "washed" them. Good luck to his future partner. As my people say, "Oy!"

13/7/07 11:26 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

I think our boys are related. BBB just drops his clothes on the floor of the family room. Like I'm gonna pick 'em up? No way Jose.

14/7/07 12:42 AM  
Blogger Bob-kat said...

Drag him outta bed and make him do it properly! I grew up with a brother like that and he always made out that he couldn't wash up and got away with it while my sister and I had to do it. I clearly remember him laughing at us still!!! Erm... I think this might have done deep pschological damage...going to find help! :)

Michele sent me to say hi :)

14/7/07 4:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Davies said...

Oh my LORD I would KILL someone!!! My son is only 9 years old. If this is what I have to look forward to, he's not allowed to get any older!

My husband tends to do crap like that a LOT though!! Once he hid a really gross moldy dish in the back of the cupboard where I *found* it a month later because he didn't want to wash it. He also sneaks and throws out dishes he doesn't want to wash thinking I won't notice!!!

MEN! I swear it's a man thing. I feel for you and Michele does too (she sent me!)

Awwww....please enable anonymous comments...I MUCH prefer to link to my real blog than to my stupid blogger account that I only use to sign blogs with. My real blog is at www.deltreelife.com, not that silly link they are going to put on my name when I sign this! :D

14/7/07 6:43 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I used to be just like that. Then my mom simultaneously went back to school and work. We learned to cook and clean up after ourselves.

Necessity is an amazing teacher.

14/7/07 8:13 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Oops...almost forgot: popped by from Michele's tonight.

Shavua tov!

14/7/07 8:13 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Can you believe it? I grew up with three brothers exactly like him!

15/7/07 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.