HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blogathon Begging

Remember Blogathon. That crazy 24 hours where I stay up to post every 30 minutes for 24 hours in order to raise money for Children's Hospital? Well, it's this upcoming weekend and I am about halfway to my goal. Thanks to my very generous sponsors, I've raised over $200 already. But that's NOT ENOUGH.



My goal is to raise $500. My first goal, before Blogathon starts this upcoming weekend, is to have raised $250. I'm not there yet. Which is where you come in. You don't have to spend a fortune in sponsorship money. A dollar here, a dollar there. It adds up. So please, be generous and consider sponsoring me.

I'm raising money for Children's Hospital because of my children's personal and very long relationship with this fine institution. From birth my children have been under the care of the finest doctors, nurses, and staff there is in the world of pediatric medicine. Without Children's, my daughter would not be walking. My son might be in very rough shape. And both of my kids would not be monitored for our genetic heart defect.

Childrens' Hospital in Boston never ever refuses a child, regardless of the ability to pay. Children from all over the world are treated there because their doctor's do so much pro-bono work with the worst cases. But that work costs money. Money that they collect through donations. If you have ever known a sick child who could have benefited from such excellent care, you understand why I work so hard to raise money for this hospital.

So please be generous and donate!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Althouse said...

A worthy cause indeed. i wish you well in your fund raising efforts and in you 24 hours of blogging. What's that come to, 48 posts in 24 hours? YOW!

Michele sent me,

Mike

21/7/07 8:59 PM  
Blogger David said...

wow - the hippo thing is great

21/7/07 11:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'm participating in Blogathon too! It's awesome that you've raised half of your goal. I don't have a single stinkin' pledge yet...I have had some people tell me they were going to sponsor me but nothing yet...I'll stop by to visit next Sat!

23/7/07 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.