HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Da Plane, Da Plane #17


OK, it was really Da Boat, Da Boat. But whose quibbling with my artistic license. Just had to shut the computer off for a short but scary monsoon. Lightening was right over the barn. Exciting!

Back to the story. This is the last segment, but there's a punchline at the very end. And it's good.


The next morning we got up, walked all around the island one more time, looked at the sea gulls and the pelicans and even the sea animals 10 stories below us. We packed up and hauled all our stuff, much lighter without all the water and food we had hauled up, and were waiting for the boat to come. When it did, we did what I think every group of campers do. We yelled "Go back, don't do it, go back" and we were all laughing our asses off. It was so funny to see all those shocked faces of people who thought they were signed up for a 3 hour tour. Well, Gilligan, they were wrong!



On the boat and happy as clams, Tim and Angie and Dawn and I exchanged addresses. We really grew to like them a lot. They were such great sports. The boat ride back was uneventful, but when we got to the Visitor's Center, Ms Dawn hightailed it to the bathroom and washed every bit of her body she could, including shaving her legs in the bathroom sink. Ahem. She put on her makeup, and straightened up her clothing and hair, and she was back to normal. Me, I just put on a clean t-shirt and shorts and hoped for the best. We got in our car and headed back up 101 to Berkeley. And that's the end of the tale..... except

About a year later I'm visiting my very crazy sister in LA and I tell her this whole story. I embellished it very well with hilarious tidbits long forgotten now, and she and her 3rd husband were laughing their asses off. It's a VERY funny story when I tell it. Writing it isn't quite as hiliarious. So my sister listens, and she laughs a lot, and then she asks the dumbest question I've ever heard in my life...EVER.

She says, "Well, were there any good restaurants there?"

I swear to God, she said that. I have never laughed so hard. I thought I was going to explode I was laughing so hard. Yup, that's my sister in a nutshell!

Stay tuned for the next installment of Nightmare Travels with Dawn. Where will we go next?

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.