HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Flying home #28


After the requisite 5 days, I got a doctor's pass to allow me to fly home. I made reservations on United out of San Francisco, as they were the only direct flight, and told them I needed a wheel chair at the door when I arrived. I gave them an exact time for the wheelchair.

Dawn drove me to the airport in a rented car her insurance company provided. We were not on the best of terms due to the Bernie breakdown, but I knew he was going to be history soon, and she'd get a clue. It might take a couple of months, but I'd been through this before, many times.

When we arrived at the airport, no wheelchair. No porter. No skycap. Nobody. Nada. I was a bit pissed because I confirmed twice before I left. But nobody knew what I was talking about. I finally found a porter who got a wheelchair and wheeled me through to the gate. When I went to check in, United didn't want to let me fly because my leg might stick into the aisle. WHAT?

They had to check with supervisors and I didn't know until the last minute whether or not they would let me on the plane, even with the required doctor's permission.

But finally, they let me on the plane, but not before one flight attendant fell over my wheelchair and my foot, making me burst into tears, and a second flight attendant pushing my wheel chair with my foot sticking out right into the wall. Can you say Passive Aggressive? I know I can.

Now, this isn't quite the end of the story, so stay tuned for more!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Stephanie Davies said...

Hi!! Michele sent me tonight as another Blogathoner! :) What a story!!! How frustrating that must have been :( Entertaining to read though!!

Good luck with the rest of the blogathon! :)

28/7/07 9:20 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Oh man. Let me get this straight. You have a broken uncasted ankle, the hospital didn't believe in pain meds or ice, you hadn't been fed or taken care of and then the flight attendants went cuckoo for cocoa puffs? I think I'd want to acid at that point. Plus I'd never go back to Bezerkley.

28/7/07 9:56 PM  
Blogger Barrett Laurie--Editor in Chief said...

That is horrible! If I were you I would write a strongly worded e-mail! I don't think I will be flying United anytime soon!

28/7/07 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.