HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter, hurry up and get here


It will surprise absolutely nobody that I am a Harry Potter nerd. I love the books. I've read then all several times. Just finished reading HP6 again in time to prepare for book 7, the last in the series. We own the first 4 movies, and we'll end up getting the last three because the Girl doesn't read the books and counts on the movies and books on tape. These books are way too complicated and long for her. She has to watch each movie at least 3 gazillion times to get all the ins and outs of the story. It's her LD again.

The Boy and I are both anxiously awaiting the latest and last book. For the first time, we ordered the book on Amazon because no longer drive at night ever, and the kids didn't want to walk the big 4 blocks to our huge ginormous book warehouse at midnight. I don't blame them, I didn't either. So Amazon promised the book would arrive on Saturday and we will fight over the book. My opinion: I paid for it, I get to read it first. His opinion: He's the kid, it's a kids book, I should let him read it first. Yeah, like that's gonna happen!

I've had quite a few theories as to what will happen.
Love Interests:
Harry and Ginny stay together and build their lives together.
Ron and Hermione find each other at last and make a family as well.

Snape:

Isn't exactly pure evil, he's more like 90% evil, but Dumbledore also did something bad in his past that connects him and Snape which is why he trusted Snape so implicitly. Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore, but did because Dumbledore begged him to. Snape was conflicted. But still identified with the Death Eaters.

Malfoys:

Lucius remains evil to the core, but Draco, after his Death Eater experience at the end of Book 6 ends in Dumbledore's death, will see the error of his ways. He will never renounce his family, nor will he ever be a friend to Harry and the gang, but he will not outwardly go after them anymore.

Hogwarts:

Will open again, and McGonnigil will be the Mistress of the school. She will increase her powers as she takes charge. With Snape gone, she has nobody on the staff that is outwardly welcoming to Voldemort, and that will help her to keep a tighter reign on the school. All the students will return for their last year.



Who Dies:


Snape, hopefully by Harry's hand, but I don't know.
Bellitrix, by Nigel, which would be just retribution.
Lucius Malfoy... maybe by Draco, maybe by Dobie or Kreacher. Do house elves kill?
At least one professor, though I'm not sure who.
Of the kids, nobody in the first tier of characters. Maybe Cho or someone on the Gryffendor Quiddich team. But at least one or two kids is going to die.
Percy Weasley...again, no great loss to anyone but his mother.
Voldemort. Does Harry or Neville kill him? I'm putting my money on Harry in revenge for Dumbledore.

Who lives:

Luna, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Fred and George, Neville, Hagrid, Lupin, Krum

Horcruxes:

Harry is NOT a horcrux (say that with a Maury Povich type voice, it's fun!) Nor is his scar. They eventually find the real locket, but it is not anyplace obvious. Maybe in the Ministry of Magic, but more likely in someone's house. Perhaps Sirius had it with his many treasures and Kreacher stowed it in his little cupboard? There is one horcrux missing, belonging to Ravenclaw. That will be found as well. Harry finds most of them and destroys them so Voldemort is easier to kill.

Other plot twists:

Harry finally comes of age in this book and no longer needs to stay with the Dursleys, so my guess is they pick up stakes and move as far away as they can to get away from anything magical.

RAB is, as we all know, Sirius's brother. Shocking! Leads me to believe that the last Horcrux would be in the family house.

Dumbledore is rilly rilly dead. He's not coming back. Gone to the worms has Albus.
Other information:

There is a copy of the entire book downloaded somewhere on the net. I don't know where and I don't want to. But I read the epilog. I'm a bad bad person, and when I saw a link to it, my hands magically (ahem) just clicked on that link and my body was stuck in my chair until I read it. It doesn't give much away other than to show who lives many years on. I'm a terrible human being, I'm a cheater, I'm a scum, I read it. So sue me. I'm not going to tell you anything. So there!

I cannot wait until Saturday. I am so psyched I'm going nuts. I try to think of other things, but it's Harry Harry Harry 24/7 in my mind. God, I'm pathetic.

So what are your opinions? What do you think it going to happen?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Ok, I've said it before around the blogosphere and I'm going to say it again: There is more to Dumbledore than most people think. There was a scene in GOF, when Harry tells D that Voldemort is back and Harry catches a look of happiness on D's face.

And I think the whole Snape/D thing in THBP has more going on than anyone knows.

Um, yeah. Obsessed, much? Moi?


God, I can't wait until Saturday.

18/7/07 12:32 AM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Um...you've been tagged again! Come by my blog to see how and why!

(giggling just a little)

18/7/07 12:59 PM  
Blogger The Hotfessional said...

Since someone STOLE by book 6, I guess I'm going out this week and rebuying it.....

I hope I can find it at the airport.

18/7/07 4:10 PM  
Blogger Madame Courtney Whiny Complainy Pants, Esq. said...

The last horcrux is in the Black house. Remember the locket they found when they were cleaning that no one could open? It's there, and Kreacher likely has it.
Snape isn't dying. Ron is. Possibly Hermoine. I would not put it past her to kill off one of the big three. Think about classical mythology and hero stories--the world is saved but the hero dies in the process. I am ready for anything with this book.

Plus, not everyone can end up together and happy, particularly in a battle for the good of the world. Something has to give in order for evil to be vanquished; it's part of the sacrifice.

My money's on Ron.

18/7/07 4:13 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Courtney, I agree with you about the horcruc locket being in the Black house. I bet that evil Kreacher has it.

I don't think Ron dies. I think Percy does. Ron and Herminone go on to produce a litter of red headed brilliant kids for the next generation at hogwarts. I have to believe!

18/7/07 5:00 PM  
Blogger scribbler said...

whatever happens, magic will end.

18/7/07 5:22 PM  
Blogger Flutterby said...

LOL. We fight over it too. But we do get to go pick it up at midnight, at our grocery store, because they sell books and are nice enough to stay open JUST to sell the book. So no big lines, no one ruining it. 16yr old boy reads on the way home, then I get it for an hour. He will then read until he falls asleep, probably around 2-3 am and then when I wake up at my usual 5am, I get the book and will have it finished by the time he wakes up around 10 or 11am.

19/7/07 10:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think Mundungus has the locket- he stole a bunch of stuff from there, remember?

If one of the trio dies (and I hope/think they won't) it would be Ron. Neville might as well, fighting to avenge his parents. But I hope he doesn't either.

Thinking Hagrid dies (one of the main charachters) along with Snape (who proves to be more on the good side.) Aren't there 2 major charachter deaths?

Post once you're finished so we can all compare to see how our theories played out! Please!!

19/7/07 1:46 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I enjoy the Potter books but I can't say I'm into them nearly as much as you, Margalit. To me they're first and foremost books for kids with all the limitations and strengths that brings. As the characters have gotten older a lot of the stuff that annoyed me in the earlier books has diminished, so that's nice.

I don't have any theories as to what's going to happen in Book 7 but it's interesting to see your theories, Margalit.

21/7/07 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.