HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I made my goal

My head has turned into a giant watermelon. It is filled with juicy thoughts, but it is too squishy to make any sense. See?

Oh lordy, I am tired. My eyes have huge bags and dark circles under them. I look like I haven't slept in days. Oh, right. I haven't. I tried to sleep this morning, but I only got an hour before the doorbell rang. Then I put in a 'sleep movie', How Stella Got Her Groove Back, and drifted off to sleep for 3 more hours. But it's not enough. I am officially brain dead.

However, I made my goal! I did it. Or, a VERY generous and apparently saintly Lynn H did it for me. She is the nicest person on the planet. I love her. I wish I knew her in real life. Say thank you to her because now you don't have to listen to me whine about not making my goal. Oh, I'm still going to beg you for sponsorship because you still have 48 hours to pony up, peeps. And even if it's for One Measley Dollar, I'm going to thank you from the bottom of my heart. It isn't the amount, it's the action. So, if you're feeling crappy because you forgot blogathon (although with all my posting about it, I don't know how you could) or you thought it was something different than simply raising money for charity through amazing verbosity, now's your opportunity to assuage your guilt. Ahem.


Again, thank you SO much to all my sponsors. JaniceNW, you're the best for staying up with me and keeping my eyes open. Robin, thank you too. Everyone that commented, I love that you actually read my words and thought about them. I hope that everyone enjoyed some snippets of my insane youth.

Anyone for a girl's weekend on Anacapa? :-) You bring the water and food, I'll bring the dice and David Brenner book.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Barrett Laurie--Editor in Chief said...

I certainly hope you can make your goal! Hang in there friend! I have been glued to your blog for days! Hope you can get some rest!

29/7/07 6:26 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

What's Anacapa?

You did a fabulous job my East Coastie friend! As did your children. Yeah for you!!!!!!!

29/7/07 8:28 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Congrats!!!

29/7/07 10:32 PM  
Anonymous LissaAnn said...

Hi!

This is Lissa, and I just got your comment. :)

Yeah, maybe we can team up next year! I didn't pick Childrens Hospital Boston for as noble a reason as you did, that your family got help from them. I chose it because it is one of Jason Varitek's (Red Sox...but you probably already knew that) charities. And I'm quite the fangirl for the captain. Lame, I know.

29/7/07 11:39 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Lissa, Jason lives pretty near us. I have his address if you ever want to go visit him. :-)

30/7/07 2:42 AM  
Blogger cape buffalo said...

Hey- maybe it's the fact that I didn't sleep all weekend, but I can't find a link to donate.....

30/7/07 9:22 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

CB, go to www.blogathon.org, click on the BlogList button, click alphabetical, look for What Was I Thinking, and the click SponsorThisBlog.

Or... here's the easy way...


http://www.blogathon.org/login.php?action=pledging&blogid=105

Thanks in advance, sweetie pie

30/7/07 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.