HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Nurses, Berkeley Style #25


Hey folks, we're half way through Blogathon. Now comes the tough part. Have you sponsored me yet? WHY NOT?

The ambulance pulls in, they get me onto a stretcher and assign the weirdest nurse I've ever seen. He was a man. I'm sure of that. His hair was in a braid about 2/3 of the way past his tush. He was wearing big turquoise earrings in both ears, a squash blossom necklace, and many other pieces of Native American jewelry. Which would make you think maybe he was a NA? No, he wasn't. He REALLY wasn't. He had bright red hair, total orange freckles all over, and the map of Ireland on his face. He was also about 5'2" tall, so overtly gay that he almost leaked it out of his fingertips, and very 'new age'. Now, none of those things bother me, but the combination in a nurse? Um... weird. He didn't have a uniform on. Nope, he was wearing a serape type vest with a blue denim shirt and ripped tattered jeans. Cowboy boots completed the outfit. It was 'unusual'.

I asked for pain killers. He wanted me to breathe through the pain. I asked for Arnica. He told me that homeopathy wasn't his 'thing' and the hospital didn't have any. I begged for a doctor, I got to wait hours with him telling me it was probably just a sprain. I've broken a lot of bones in my life. I know the difference between a break and a sprain. It was broken.

After about 6 hours of waiting, I finally got to see a doctor and get my foot x-rayed. Guess what? It was broken in two places. But do they cast my foot at Alta Bates? Oh no, they do not. Why, you ask? Because.....


Hey folks... I need comments to keep awake. And I need sponsors to help me reach my goal. Please, a comment or two? And a dollar or two? Purty pleeze...

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger aka_Monty said...

Hiya honey!! I'm trying to catch up on blog posts...I think that I've only been (sporadically) reading like 2 or 3...and I'm sorry I've been so terrible about commenting!!

Keep it up, I'm lovin' your stories!!

28/7/07 7:50 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

So what year was this? Cuz it sounds like a mega-bad acid trip. A nurse without a uniform? NO painkillers? WTF? I have fractured my 3rd and 4th metatarsals and they frickin' hurt. BIG TIME! I was 15 at the time and a wee bit dramatic(Ha. the way the Atlantic is a wee ocean). My mom used to call me Sarah Heartburn. Parents in the 70's were just plain mean, ya know? Why yes, I am babbling, but you did ask for comments and I'm just trying to fit thie bill.

Anyhoo, my foot hurt but I refused a cast because it was the first week of summer vacation and I didn't want to a)mar my tan and b)not be able to go in the pool. They ace-bandaged it and the next day when I hopping around w/o my crutches and fell........yup right on the broken foot. AGONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I screamed so loud I scared my mother, who had 3 boys and didn't scare easily, into running to see what happened. I was like PILLS mom I want my pills. That was the start of my pill friendliness.....

28/7/07 7:51 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Hey I forgot. If you want to see a hot man I put that picture of Cal Ripken up again in honor of his being voted into the baseball hall of fame. Gotta love those tight pants.

28/7/07 7:55 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Hey, MY mom called me Sarah Heartburn too. I told you we were twins separated at birth!

Cal Ripkin is so hot. Mmmmmm.

28/7/07 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.