HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The one where I talk about the Boy #48



You've gotten a chance to read his posts. He's a tad, oh, unusual, right? A bit out there. Funny as all hell, but not quite your normal run of the mill almost 15 year old. But a great writer, and, when he puts his mind to it, quite entertaining.




So could you please explain to me why this child will not do homework? Why does he refuse to write for school. He literally kicked me off the computer so he could participate. He really wanted to write those posts. What makes those so much easier than school work that he could pump out with his eyes closed?

I honestly do not get it. I try to understand him. I really do. But the truth is, I don't always get where he's coming from. He obviously delights in tripping me up. He's manipulative as all get out. He's smarter than smart. But he's completely unmotivated to do anything.

He want to be a child psychiatrist. Like in Medical School. I believe you have to do some work to get through medical school. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Medical School is quite strenuous, right?

Tonight over dinner he tells me he wants to take AP English. OK. But doesn't he have to do some actual WORK in an AP class? Can he just sit there, as he always has, and do absolutely no homework and no papers and still pass? I'm rolling my eyes here.

I love this kid. I honestly think he's amazing. But he is the most frustrating person I've ever spent any time with. He is absolutely his own person. Nobody tells him what to do or what to think. I believe that has something to do with his genetic makeup, if you get my drift!

So give me your honest opinion after having read his posts. I think there are 4 or 5 of them. I really do want some outside opinions. Just tell me if he's certifiably insane or it's just me!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

you've got 45 minutes left. you'll make it.

-your M-O-N-I-T-O-R who has been leaving you comments over the last 24 hours which need to be approved by you before they show up.

29/7/07 7:19 AM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

Congratulations, you're almost there. I've been loving the stories (although I got them in one big lump).

To be honest, the way the Boy writes - he reminds me a lot of my brother at that age (who is also quite brilliant, and quite ... unique). I can't say that he'll ever get better at doing homework - my bro is in 2nd year university and still has issues. He does work when it's something he's really really interested in, though, and he has grown into a lovely young man, so there is some hope.

(alas no donation from me - I don't have the means or the money at this stage)

29/7/07 7:55 AM  
Blogger Dara said...

Margalit, I can without hesitation recommend Snow Lion in Ithaca NY(snowlionpub.com) for your prayer flags. They have been in business for 20 or more years, and I got to meet the owner and staff and tour the operation on Wednesday. Tell them Ani Dara sent you ;)

29/7/07 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.