HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The one where we laugh our asses off # 43


Let me just preface this continuing saga with a kvetch or two. I have the WORST caffeine headache. I feel like my head is about to explode. Plus, the heartburn. Oy vey! Between the big bowl of chili I ate for dinner, and the 4 pots of coffee I've had to drink over the past 20 or so hours, I'm not feeling all that great.

The Girl fell asleep about an hour ago, the Boy just laid down in my bed to sleep. He's tired. His posts are bizarre. He's bizarre. But he's sure my kid. Verbose and a great writer, that one. But does he do his homework? NO he does not! Urgh!


Hey folks... I need comments to keep awake. And I need sponsors to help me reach my goal. So please, a comment or two? And please sponsor me. Purty pleeze...


OK, back to Venice. After our day trip to Torcello, Dawn and I went out to eat at a very fancy restaurant in Venice. We dressed up, we put on jewelry and perfume, and off we went to this amazing restaurant recommended by many people. It was very expensive, so we ordered from the tourist menu. I've never done that before, but Dawn was sort of insistent and so I agreed. Shalom b'byit and all that.

The appetizer were the most delicious fried calamari. Little tiny squid all crispy and golden. To die for. I'd never eaten calamari before, coming from a Kosher background, but when in Venice, do as the Venetians do, right? I can't recall what the next course was, but it was either a fish dish or meat, followed by pasta and salad.



The waiter we had was very funny and kept teasing us about the delicious dessert on the tourist menu. He had us drooling the way he described it as being so special, so unique, so spectacular. He was obviously pulling our collective legs, but we had no clue what was to come. We plowed through our dinner, enjoying it, but I kept thinking that we'd be getting much better food had we ordered al la carte. Whatever.

By the time the waiter had cleared off the table and was ready to present this spectacular dessert, we were laughing our asses off at how funny he was, and what a delightful waiter he was. We were getting along like peas and carrots.

And then he brought out our spectacular dessert.

We laughed so hard that I really thought I'd pee my pants right in the restaurant. He was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes. It was hilarious. Hysterical.

So what was this special dessert?

Fudgesicles. Honestly. In Italy, the land of gelato. Fudgesicles.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Fudgesicles? Oh man...

Shoulda quit while you were ahead with the calamari.

29/7/07 5:00 AM  
Blogger Imperfect Christian said...

I can help you out with some comments...and that calamari!!!

29/7/07 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.