HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rescue Ranger Margalit # 39

Hey folks... I need comments to keep awake. And I need sponsors to help me reach my goal. So please, a comment or two? And please sponsor me. Purty pleeze...

I found Dawn and took her back to the hotel where she was very upset and angry with me. She thought I should not have left her alone to fend for herself. I thought she was a grown up and could manage a half-day on her own. We agree to disagree, but from that time on, I realized that she needed constant babysitting and I'd be the one to watch over her. Although this cut into my personal time, I didn't really mind that much.


What I did mind is waiting for over an hour every morning while she did her hair and makeup. As you know, Paris is a city of high fashion. But honestly, does it take that long to put on some eye shadow and mascara? Plus the green clothing was starting to get to me. I like green. But I don't have the need to wear every single outfit in the exact same color. That's just weird.


We tour the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay, the Pompadou. We go to the Eiffel Tower and the Arche de Triumphe. We tour Notre Dame and see the Rose windows. We take a day trip to Versailles. We eat at a ridiculously expensive french bistro, at a Chinese restaurant, at many cafes. And the pastry. Did we eat pastry! Thankfully, no Bernie to control Dawn's weight gain.


We explored the left bank, checking out the shops and the cafes and making ourselves totally at home drinking coffee and eating croissants. Paris is a wonderful city and in September, when the tourists are gone, it's really delightful.



After a week, however, it was time to pack up and move on to Italy.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

Great Pictures! I wish I could visit there some day. Le Louvre, Versailles, Le Rive Gauche....Tant pis.

29/7/07 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.