HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Why a broken foot isn't that important #27


After the Xrays, it was apparent that I had a nice broken ankle. It wasn't pretty and it hurt like hell and it was the size of an elephant's food, but did they give me ice? They did not. They wanted to wait to see if it was broken. SIX freaking hours. It was broken, asshats.

The doctor, who must have gotten his med degree at University of St Maartin or University of Aruba, thought there was no need to put a cast on my ankle. No need? NO FREAKING NEED? So he put this weird ace bandage kinda thing. It was tighter than an ace bandage, and a bit sturdier, but it was not a cast nor did it protect my foot at all. Oh, and no pain killers. Nope, they don't believe in pain killers in Berkeley. Evidentally you're supposed to meditate out of your body or something.

Dawn borrows her new boyfriend Bernie's car. Oh, I haven't told you about Bernie yet, have I? Heh! This was the scummiest of ALL the scum she's ever gone out with, and that's saying something. This guy was GROSS. He was an ambulance chasing attorney. He was married with a couple of kids. He was NOT separated from his kids. He was at least 45 (she was in her late 20's), he was balding, fat, sweaty and gross. Oh, and rich. Yeah. He was also REALLY mean.

And most of all, he was very unhappy that I was going to have to stay at her house, which was his little hideaway from a crappy marriage. I didn't have a choice. I needed to stay for another doctor's appt at Alta Bates for permission to fly home. It was going to be 5 extra days whether or not he liked it. Which he did not. He made me miserable. He called me whiney and basically implied that I was faking. Like you can fake a broken leg. He also REFUSED to allow Dawn to go grocery shopping because she had put on a couple of lbs in Tahoe and he was SO controlling that he insisted she take the weight off. She is VERY thin. She was anorexic earlier on in life, she has eating issues to this day, and she's an exercise freak. At the time of the accident she was exercising 4 hours a day at the gym. His harassing her about gained weight was more than passive aggressive. It was controlling and abusive.

But she LOVED him.... (sigh, I wish I could tell you how many times I heard this about abusive men she was involved with) and so she willingly left me with completely empty cupboards and fridge for 5 days. I couldn't just get out and walk to the store. But after a couple of days when I begged and begged her to buy some food and she refused saying that Bernie would be mad, I called a cab, explained the situation to the cab driver, who took me to a grocery store, went inside for me, and did some shopping. Fuck Bernie. I was hungry.

He was furious. FURIOUS. He screamed and yelled at me and raised his hand as to hit me and I was holding onto a phone and started dialing 911. He might be abusive to my friend and she might be kowtowed enough to take it, but I wasn't. I ordered him out of the house and told him not to come back until I was gone. And if he came back I would call the police and have him charged with abuse and attempted rape. That got his attention.

Of course Dawn was sobby and upset because she LOVED him.... UGH.

Hey folks... I need comments to keep awake. And I need sponsors to help me reach my goal. So please, a comment or two? And please sponsor me. Purty pleeze...

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

You are so my HERO! I wish I knew you when I was involved with the mentally abusive creep when I was at UCSD.

You were in major pain and you took down the abusive creep!!!!! YOU ROCK!

Personal injury lawyers aren't even human so I'm not suprised he was abusive and married etc.

28/7/07 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.