HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 31, 2007

Blog Day 2007


Welcome to Blog Day 2007

As a Blog Day 2007 participant, here are my recommendations of 5 blogs for people to explore and I'll also link them up to Blog Day web site. This is your chance to explore our wonderfully diverse Blog World and meet new bloggers for whom you might be totally unfamiliar. Bloggers are all over the world will be doing the same thing. I made a conscious decision not to feature any "mommybloggers" because I think they spend enough time promoting each other (ad nauseum). Instead, I chose blogs that I read daily that are informative, increase my knowledge of the world around me, and are relatively unknown outside the Jblogosphere.

Click the links at the bottom of the post to check out the International Blog Community


1. La Coquette. She says "Don't hate me because I live in Paris." But then she makes it so hard because you really want to live her life. She's a foodie, she watches cool movies, she is a fashion maven, and oh, she's adorable. She's actually half-American, but it doesn't matter because she makes you want to get on the next plane and move to the Latin Quarter. But she does not post enough.

2. Amuse Bouche. A local foodie and cooking teacher writes about really good food. With really good pictures. Knowing she lives nearby makes me want to be her best friend so she'll invite me over to dinner...a lot!

3. Solomonia. Hard to describe. Political. VERY political. A milestone in discussing Arab-Israeli politics from a Bostonian point of view. He's wicked Smaaat. He always has the best news about the local Jewish community. He follows the national and international news on antisemitism, the Islamic media (oy!) and always has the best of the kooks!

4. Rabbi without a Cause. He's funny, he's smart, he's SuperRabbi. No, he's just a Rabbi who has a comment on pretty much everything, and a great way of showing you the inside workings of a synagogue. Never disappointed in his posts, I find him very thought provoking and amusing.

5. The Muquta What can I say about Jameel? This is what he says about the Muquta, "I decided to actively promote love of Israel, the land of Israel, and aspiration of living in Israel to the JBlogosphere. It doesn't matter if you are secular or religious, left-wing or right-wing (politically) -- the key for me was to promote aliya: ascension to Israel. While life in Israel may not always be a picnic, I try to describe my rather ordinary life in these unordinary times." You want to know what's going on in Israel, right from the source? Read Jameel.

BlogDay web site



If you want to participate in BlogDay 2007, check this out:

BlogDay posting instructions:

  1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting
  2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending them as part of BlogDay 2007
  3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a link to the recommended Blogs
  4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
  5. Add the BlogDay tag using this link:
    http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2007 and a link to the BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger looking4good said...

So, Happy Blog Day. I put your blog as one of my 5 recommendations. Best regards from Portugal.

31/8/07 4:00 AM  
Anonymous Kvetch said...

I'm going to check out all your bloggers!

31/8/07 6:47 AM  
Anonymous jo said...

Awwww thanks for the mention!
I missed the entire event due to this lovely strep throat I am currently rockin.
Disease one and the peeps haven't even got back to school yet to make their annual viral stew to pass around! I'm considering this to be my inoculation shot.
Now - where's my bourbon and honey?

1/9/07 1:50 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Thanks SO much for the mention!

Shana Tova - a good year for you, your family, and all of us.

2/9/07 2:44 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

Well isn't that nice of you! And with me a "conservative" and you an "ultra-liberal," too. Many thanks for the mention.

4/9/07 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.