HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Lord, I should have my mothering license revoked--Updated!

I keep reading all these "my kids are back to school today" posts, and I realized this evening that I have no clue when my kids start back at school. None. Nor do the kids. Oh well, eventually we'll find out. It's always the week after Labor Day so we have plenty of time to find out, right? I'm all responsible like that. As long as we have 24 hours notice, I'll have those kids out in their shiny new outfits. Um, right. I'll have to haul them out of bed and push them down the stairs, but they will get to school, by golly. I need a respite from them.

Today the Girl was describing this amazing treat that costs $.25 at our local 7/11 type store. The problem is, they no longer carry said treat, so she even went to Store 24 looking, and they don't have it either. Woe is her, because this is the greatest snack ever and it's ONLY a quarter. What ever will she do now that this snack is no longer available for her after school snack on the way home from school to get another after school snack? This is bad news for children everywhere.

After describing said snack as oatmeal cookies with a creamy filling, I thought, hmmm, those sound like Little Debbies. I've never in my life bought a box of Little Debbies, but I know what they look like. I ask her if they're called Little Debbies, but the Girl does not read unless forced, so she has no clue as to what they're called. But in the back of my mind, I think next time we're at the big grocery store, I'll show them to her and find out if that was indeed the greatest snack ever.

But now I don't have to. Just a minute ago, I was looking at my bloglines and got to Dooce, and lo and behold, Little Debbies atop Chuck's head. I call the Girl downstairs to look at the picture to see if that was indeed what she was describing. She's all pissed because she does not want to come downstairs, but I insist. I show her the picture, and YES! EUREKA! We have found the greatest snack ever. Dooce, you totally rock!

No change on the Boy's schtick. Today was a tiny bit easier, mostly because I was gone a lot of the day and any time away is good times for me. I also spoke to a friend who is going through the exact same thing right now with her son, my son's good friend, and we're able to commiserate which is so helpful. Plus, our family therapist is getting me in touch with a group of mothers of kids with mental illness that meets monthly, so this will help as well. Just being able to talk about it with other people that are living through it makes it so much more bearable.

Update: Got an email from the Principal this morning. Maybe he reads my blog or something, because school starts on Sept 6 at 11:50 am. Weird time, but at least we now know now to plan.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rhea said...

I love your relaxed attitude. Not knowing when school starts. More moms should be that way!

17/8/07 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.