HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 17, 2007

A Happy Day is Here Today!

Imagine me dancing around the living room poking my fingers in the air. I'm singing "happy days are here again" I'm smiling from ear to ear, and there are rainbows and peppermint lollypops dangling from the ceiling. Everything is coated with chocolate, the sky is a bright blue as shiny happy people float by in hot air balloons.

So what's all this uber-happiness about. The Boy is gone for over 24 hours. It's peaceful, it's quiet, it's not even messy. He's GOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEE!

Actually, he's just sleeping over a friend's house for tonight so they can attend some all day free concert tomorrow. Usually I'd be all over him with 'whose driving' and "is there a parent in attendance" but you know what? I honestly don't care. I'm just so glad to have peace for 24 hours I figure anything he does has GOT to be better than hanging around and driving me nuts. Kid he's with is also bipolar. His mother is either a saint or insane. I can't really figure out which.

But he took clean socks and underwear, and a toothbrush, and his meds, and even clean clothes, and he's GONE. Whaaahooooo!

I know that sounds bad, but you just have no idea of how stressful it's been. I can't even begin to post about it. I was thinking of videotaping a few minutes with him, but it would be too profane for this 'family' blog. Heh.

To top off the happiness, the Girl has a party tonight to watch the 2nd High School Musical movie with her girly friends. She's all psyched, but nobody is more psyched than me. I'm gonna have 6 whole hours without them. Six hours! Life is great. God is great.

I want to go out to dinner and a movie. I want to go have mojitos at the local watering hole. I want to spend the evening gabbing on the phone with absolutely no interruptions. I want to eat something sinful like olives without anyone freaking out. I'm so happy I could just scream!

Laundry is being done, the house is relatively clean, I'm almost done with my mother talk book review. I'm all caught up on the rough stuff like bills and work. I'm all freed up. My life is GOOD right now. Good and quiet.

So what shall I do tonight? Any ideas?

In other news, we got three shiney new Ipod shuffles in the mail today. We don't need them so they're up on craigslist if anyone is interested in a cheap shuffle for your kids. They're 128 mg, come with the earbuds and a USB cord. No charger.


OOOOO, pretty!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rhea said...

Oh, go get some mojitos, for sure! Do you know a place that makes them really well?

17/8/07 3:20 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Made me some fresh sushi (fish from Captain Marsdens) and I'm as happy as a preverbial clam. I'm gonna open up a hidden bottle of pinot grigio and drink and watch a movie and just be by myself. That's good, right?

17/8/07 5:25 PM  
Blogger mrsmogul said...

I;m probably the only person that doesn't own an IPOD!

17/8/07 6:19 PM  
Blogger Jen4 @ Amazing Trips said...

Olives? Really? That would be your food of choice for indulgence?! I'm really impressed!!

I saw your comment to Tertia re: discipline and although others wrote about 1-2-3 time out, your example was great. Thanks for doing that. Now I need to go buy the book!!

18/8/07 12:23 AM  
Blogger Mom2Many said...

Please email me at reklaws@insightbb.com about the ipods?? It depends on what you are asking, because I am also on disability, but my son would LOVE one:-)

18/8/07 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.