HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

He looks all innocent, doesn't he?

He looks so peaceful and innocent, right? The kitty you want to just cuddle and squish with hugs.


But he is pure evil. EVIL. Well, maybe not evil. Skittish. Dumb. Overreactive. Annoying. Cloying. Whiny. And did I mention skittish?

We adopted the Worthless Pet when he was 8. We were his 4th family that we know about. Obviously, some "issues" are going to come with a cat that has been rehomed 4 times. Most of the issues are annoying, but you can live with them. He insists that his litterbox is pristine or he will pee right outside the box. By pristine, I mean absolutely NOTHING remotely resembling cat waste of any kind, ever. Yes, it's a bit trying to live with, but we handle it.

However, the skittishness (is that a word?) is often beyond annoying and runs over to absolutely drive me bonkers territory. For example, I was petting him today while I was laying on the sofa moaning... which is another story altogether. Ah, rubbing the head, scritching under the chin, getting those ears all cuddly rubbed and life is good and then..... The Boy actually had the gall to move in his chair. Freaking cat gets all whacked out and scratches my foot with two incredibly deep, bleeding wounds. Like fill up a bandaid until it leaks wounds. Just call me Curt Shilling for I will have a bloody sock. All The Boy did was move. Shift his weight. Bammmm, I'm a new member of the walking wounded.

It hurts. He did it with his back claws, so it's really deep and ugly. It will take weeks to heal. And now I'm in a grumpy mood. Ok, I'm exaggerating. I'm just annoyed because I can't wear flip flops. The wound is right on the index toe and under it, and flip flops will kill. Damn.

----

What is it with Kendall and Spike on AMC? Are the writers trying to get the entire deaf community up in arms? Like, how insulting was her dialog about Spike not being deaf. I didn't realize deafness was such a terrible thing that death was preferable.

----

To the person on HoFo that told the truth AT LAST, thank you. I have a feeling I know who you are, but I'd appreciate it if you would email me so I can thank you properly. Like with gifts of frankensense and murr. You totally rock! I just wish you had done it earlier, but no matter. Finally it's out there and for once it has shut up the mob. The funniest thing about it is, I don't even know about the original incident. I have NO CLUE whatsoever as to what happened. None. But I sure would like to know what I've been blamed for over and over for at least 3 years.

----

Off to take The Girl to her doctor's appt at Children's. Yippee! She's going to have the first successful appt. in almost 2 years and we're psyched to see her doctor and report in.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Arg. I have a cat who is exactly the same about the litter box. It is driving us nuts. We've had automated litter boxes in the past and none of them lived up to the hype. We are currently considering this model...

http://www.catgenie.com/?gclid=CKjttIvK5I0CFSAQgQodTHnKyw

But...having been burned in the past, we are hesitant to commit. I'll let you know.

7/8/07 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Miz S said...

I'm glad your cat has such a nice home. Thank God for tolerant animal lovers.

I don't know what HoFo is, but I love me some internet drama. Care to share?

8/8/07 1:51 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

This is the hofo. It is one of MANY 'unsupported' forums on craigslist. This one started out as a 'secret' forum about 3 or 4 years ago, I don't really know when because it was 'invitation only' until it was outed. It's really a cesspool of internet drama, with lots of blame, and very little recriminations. It's like a really sad little gang of meanies. One week it's "lets gang up on X" and the next week it's "let's gang up on Y". A total mob mentality. It's HIGHLY entertaining. I rarely even bother anymore because it's the same old same old week after week, month after month. But if you're new to it, you'll enjoy the 'wow, we're SO hip and cool and we love to talk about our shaved vajayjay's' vibe. Have fun!

http://forums.boston.craigslist.org/?forumID=4657

8/8/07 3:15 AM  
Anonymous Miz S said...

Meh. It sounds like something I could probably live without.

9/8/07 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.