HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 27, 2007

Holy Moly, I actually WON!

You know that person that never wins anything? That's pretty much me. I've never won a big contest in my life, no matter how many times I enter. My brother, he won a frigging Saab. Really! Me, well, I won a copy of the latest Harry Potter book. That's good, right? I'd already read it, but it's good to have a second copy that the Boy can destroy. He's not that careful with his belongings.

But me.... I never win much of anything, even with my SIL's Aunt Trudy's trick of crumbling the entry forms just so, so they get more surface and are picked. Never worked for me. Aunt Trudy was lucky, I guess.

But today I got an email from Boston Mamas, which is NOT the New England Mamas, and I won a contest I had entered. A good contest. For something I desperately need. Check this out. I'm going to get an interior designer to come to my house and redecorate. Man, nobody could use this more than me. My house, shall we say, has a lived in look. Very lived in. Beyond shabby chic. Just plain shabby. Loved, but not what I'd ever call a magazine cover in the making. Unless it was Interior Errors. Then, maybe.

I don't know what they can possibly do with what we have (early crap), but I'm willing to let them go wild. And maybe, after 2.5 years of living here, we'll get the pictures up on the wall. Yeah, they're STILL sitting in a pile in the corner of my dining room. I'm that sad.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger DeeJay said...

Wow! Congrats to you! Makes you down right giddy doesn't it.

27/8/07 6:43 PM  
Blogger mrsmogul said...

AMAZING!!! WOW _CONgrats!!! the best contest I won this summer was a $100 Sephora gift certificate and that's nothing compared to your prize!!

27/8/07 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Kvetch said...

Nothing soothes the soul like a little room make-over. Way to go. I think this is deserving of many posts and details!

27/8/07 9:23 PM  
Blogger desertbitch said...

that truly is a grand prize. good on ya.

27/8/07 11:20 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

I can't think of someone who deserves or needs ot more!! WOOHOO

"David over at Mischief just did his. I am well over a hundred posts but I was unaware of the tradition. I'll do mine now and since the blogworld has been kidnapped by marauding-panty-raiding-renegade- Republicans-masquerading-as-fraternity-boys(Shrub is trying to kidnap the vote). Is anyone else laughing as they picture Margalit being held by Republicans? Hehehe. Very funny image. The 10 of us that escaped might read this."

This is a direct quote from my 100 things post. I thought you might find it smile worthy...

Hugs.

28/8/07 2:15 AM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Oh my goodness, that may be one of the greatest prizes ever! Congrats!

28/8/07 6:44 AM  
Blogger Rock the Cradle said...

Dude. As you said. Wicked Pissah.

Still, I'm all about the shabby chic.
Actually, I'm just lazy and hate housecleaning.

But shabby chic sounds so much better.

28/8/07 12:51 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Wow that's great! Congratulations and enjoy!!

28/8/07 10:05 PM  
Blogger Sechakecha said...

Whoo!! Congrats!! =) I can't think of anyone more deserving, then you. Especially with all you have been going through lately. =)

29/8/07 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.