HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

If school doesn't start soon...

I cannot be held responsible for my actions. There, I've said it. I am SO over summer vacation. Vacation? It's been 3 months of brutal, mindbending hell. I'm exhausted. I'm tired of cooking for armies of teenagers that just appear in my house. Sometimes they just walk right in. Today I was sitting at the computer and the door opened and one of the Boy's friends just walked right in. I said to her, "It is customary to knock before entering" and she kinda mumbled something about thinking the Boy would be downstairs. Well, he wasn't, and what the hell does that have to do with knocking? I don't know.

Right now the Boy has two friends over. They're sitting at the table waiting for dinner to be served. The Boy? Why he's playing video games and ignoring them. Social Skills 101, anyone?

Meanwhile, the Girl's social engagements are so out of control that she has yet to start her summer reading. Which isn't very smart. I'm not going to nag anymore. I've made it clear that I expect them both to read the damn books. They haven't. I have, but they haven't.

Now that I've won the decorating contest, I'm under a lot of pressure to make my house somewhat presentable so the decorator won't go screaming out of her with her hands covering her eyes. This is not as easy as it sounds.

True Confession: We've lived in this house 2.5 years. We are not unpacked. Not even close. Not remotely close. I still haven't found my living room oriental. It's in a box somewhere. I have no clue as to where. I finally got my good meat dishes unpacked for Pesach last April. Yeah. We have a beautiful antique lamp packed somewhere. In it's place we're using the Boy's baseball lamp because he broke my Eiffel tower lamp from Target. The torchiere has been broken for a year. I finally broke down and got a slipcover for my chair and a half on sale at Linens and Things. It's kinda ugly, but it was wicked cheap. Honestly, I can't even imagine what she can do with what we have other than to throw up her hands and say "Toss it all".

And then there's this little brouhaha that I'm upset about that I can't talk about. But I'm angry and hurt and annoyed and really pissed off at the cliquishness I see around me. Not cool, sisters.

My bank doesn't do local car loans so I had to apply at a bank with which I have no relationship. Awkward. The car is waiting on me. I just want to get it so we can get the hell out of town and get in some decent family time before the HH starts. In 3 weeks. Oh my GOD.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous pinks & Blues Girls said...

Three years ago we moved into a new house. Last year we moved again, and half of the boxes had never been unpacked from the original move. So, I hear you.

A few years ago I watched these 14 year old twins after school. Loved them. Couldn't stand their friends. Couldn't stand them AROUND their friends. Ugh - teenagers.

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

29/8/07 9:50 PM  
Blogger The Hotfessional said...

Margalit,
Brouhaha? Can't talk about it? I'm going through something very similar. Too bad that the one thing we have where we can really vent (our blogs) are one of the places we have to censor ourselves.

THAT's what's pissing me off today.

30/8/07 1:38 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Seriously?! Walked right in?! Who raises these kids?

30/8/07 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.