HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's like a sugar rush without the sugar

I'm taking this new medication to alleviate stress. I knew that I was stressed to the max, what with the Boy being all manic and everything. Usually my response to extreme stress is to freak out, get really agitated, and then sleep the sleep of the dead. But this new medication, which is basically valium, has smoothed over the rough edges and all of a sudden I've got this burst of energy that is allowing me to GET. THINGS. DONE. After the weekend's marathon of laundry, I figured I'd be wiped, but nope, I'm still going strong.

Already today I've:
  • Taken the Boy to his Pdoc appt (more new meds!)
  • Returned overdue books to library, paid fine, took out movies, and some new books.
  • Hit Walgreens to get Boy's new prescription filled.
  • Went to Farmer's Market where I got corn (oh I cannot wait), heirloom tomatos, peaches, apples, and yellow squash
  • Then on to Post Office to mail ebay item to buyer
  • A quick stop at Dunkin Donuts for a gigantic iced coffee, NO SUGAR!
  • Home to drop off veggies
  • Took Boy to friend's house to pick up his bike and play video games
  • Took Girl to mall to check out acne remedies at Sephora since every thing we've tried in drug store hasn't worked. Didn't buy anything. Will make appt with dermotologist and have insurance cover cost of acne medicine because this stuff is pricey!
  • Stopped at Staples to make copies of documents I need in order to mail forms. Looked at binders and other things. We have almost everything needed for school.
  • Hit Marshalls on the way home and put a whole bunch of needed winter things on lay-away. AND bought myself a sweater marked down to $5 and two shirts marked down to $7 each. The Girl tried on every shoe in her size and several other sizes. I found a pair of coach sneakers for $35 but I didn't need them so didn't get them. But if you have little kids, they have the CUTEST freaking kids shoes right now. Little tiny Tims, Little Converse All Stars, and all sorts of other little adorable shoes.
We got back home a few minutes ago and I'm exhausted. This is the most I've done in one day in a couple of years. I'm tired but I'm feeling good. It feels great to be able to DO stuff that I need to do without having to make huge plans to get them done. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I just hope it continues.

And that's about it!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Elliot said...

That is impressive!

21/8/07 7:40 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Better living through pharmacology!

21/8/07 8:58 PM  
Blogger madamspud169 said...

Has your daughter ever tried cleaning her face twice a day with witch hazel? it cleared up mine when even cream from the doctor hadn't.

22/8/07 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.