HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2007

Promised for 7 years

Finally delivered tonight. I rock!

My Girl loves fruit. Fruit flavors, fruit ice cream, fruit in general, fruit candy, fruit desserts. It's the flavor she always chooses. She's not a fan of chocolate, and she's not big on vanilla either. She liked fruity stuff. Me, I like fruit, but I'm kind of repulsed by fruit flavored things. I like fruit sorbets and sherberts, but I'm not big on fruit ice cream. The Boy is a chocoholic and would choose anything on the brown scale for desserts. This means that choosing a dessert for their birthday often involves a lot of plotting and planning on my part.

This is what I came up with this year.


This is a bombe made from many different flavors of sherbert. I started out with black raspberry, then layered lemon, watermelon, orange pineapple, peach, and raspberry. It took an entire day to make and it really wasn't frozen stiff enough to serve it in well defined slices. But it was for a bunch of teenagers, and they just liked the flavors and the idea of so many different flavors all in one slice.


The Girl has a few friends sleeping over, and it's incredibly loud, and well as hot. So guess what appliance conked out today? Yup, one of the air conditioners. The other one is working, and the one upstairs is barely taking out the humidity.


But no matter when you have good friend over and a huge mound of sherbet to eat. This friend made the Girl a cake this morning, but it was decimated by the time I got to see it. I heard it was good. The Girl was rather nasty and selfish and refused to let her brother have a piece, even though it was his birthday as well. He pitched a well-deserved fit and punched 3 holes in the wall. He got punished for the damages, which he'll be repairing on Sunday. She's in trouble too, and was told loudly and clearly right in front of her friends to knock it off or they were going home pronto. She can be such a bitch when she wants to.


This is the Girls friend who is very gassy. Every time she comes over we all have to duck and cover a lot. But she's SOOOO funny that we love her anyhow.


The Boy eating his slice of bombe and behaving admirably with 4 rather loud teenage girls in the house. Good for him!

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger David said...

here frommichele, you made a great looking yummy dessert.

24/8/07 11:49 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

I don't think I'm one of those.......

Hey Margalit! Happy Birthday Twins - glad everyone had a good time, and I hope Boy fixed the holes.

As teens my brother drove me mad and I stamped holes in the floor and smashed a chair by throwing it out a window.
As a wife, I punched holes in walls and broke almost every little thing in my kitchen...

But I'm all grown up now! :-)

cq

25/8/07 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Rhea said...

What a cool dessert you made. What a good mom you are.

25/8/07 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

25/8/07 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

25/8/07 12:43 PM  
Anonymous colleen said...

That is the bomb, as they say! What an amazing cake. I bet it's nearly gone by now.

25/8/07 5:01 PM  
Anonymous tanya (aka netchick) said...

Too funny! Gotta love gassy teens! ;)

That treat looks awesome. Glad to see you survived the sleepover! Hehe...

Michele sent me by, today! Hi! Happy Saturday!

25/8/07 5:01 PM  
Anonymous Becky68 said...

Michele sent me to check out your Bombe! (I saw it last night & was duly impressed then too) What a great birthday treat. I remember my grandmother making one for a family reunion once- it was excelent!
Treat yourself to something nice now that you've survived the party.

25/8/07 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Major Bedhead said...

Happy birthday, twins!

That bombe looks great. What an excellent idea. I may have to swipe that for O's party next month.

25/8/07 11:19 PM  
Anonymous WendyWings said...

That dessert looks divine and I could do with a piece myself even though it is cold here.
BTW you need to change your blogger profile to read ultra liberal mother of 15 year old twins. :D

26/8/07 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.