HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Well you got to have friends...

Lucky, we are. Today many of the New England Mamas got together for a deee-lightful lunch and schmooze session. It was so much fun, and we got a change to put the names and faces together. Some of us live in neighboring towns, some of us live in the central or western part of our state, but we all have one thing in common: we're all mothers blogging about our little corner of the USA.

I got to sit right next to Mrs. Chicky, who actually has a real name! And it's not Chicky, either. She's just lovely. Smart and sort of regal with such beautiful posture and mannerisms. Made me calm just being next to her.

In this photo, Paula, Mrs. Chicky, and Binky are chatting post meal. Binky brought "The Boss" who is the most adorable two-year old, and VERY TALENTED. She can do a mean Johnny Cash imitation of Ring of Fire. But not on demand. She also is an excellent coloring artist, a brilliant conversationalist and the best behaved two I've ever seen. She's a real keeper, that one. Binky is pretty and a good writer and drove all the way from a neighboring state so I love her.

Across from us sat Major Bedhead and her delightfully WELL-BEHAVED daughters. Man, were those kids good. Major Bedhead, who also has a real name, is just as amusing in real life as she is online. I enjoyed her company a lot.



Directly across from me is the most beautiful blogger on the planet, the absolutely stunning Miguelina, aka The Reluctant Housewife. She's so smart and thoughtful and really gave us all a lot to mull over about blogging family issues without causing anyone pain.



Next to Miguelina was a one of my personal blog favorites, Fairly Odd Mother. If you don't read her yet, start today. She's just as funny and as genuine as you can get. She always has something that cracks me up, and today was no exception. Love her!

Going towards the right of the table was the mom and daughter pair that blogs at Pinks and Blues. They look SO MUCH alike. It's always amazing to me to see women that are related that mirror each other. That is so not the case in my own family. I didn't get to talk much to them because they were too far down the table.


Sitting next to Pink and Blue was Paula of Rock the Cradle, who was dropped off by her hottie doctor husband and delightful daughter. She's very outgoing and I think we probably have a lot in common besides our love of her neighborhood bakery. I hope we can maybe get together and schmooze again.

Alex, of Formula Fed and Flexible Parenting arrived late, but sat right down and joined in the conversation. She's so friendly and has the most infectious laugh. I wish I had more time to talk with her. Next time!


Mrs Chicky says we're from New England so we do not gush, so I guess I can't say any more. But fun was had by all, and we're all wanting to do this again. Soon. Please!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Blogger Trish K said...

New England Mamas is one of my favorite sites...(being a new england "blogah" myself)

Its nice to be able to put faces to the names!!

26/8/07 7:43 PM  
Blogger Miguelina. said...

FIRST!

26/8/07 8:05 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chicky said...

Aw, you go on and gush all you want. Especially if you keep slinging all those pretty words.

It was great to meet you and your lovely daughter.

26/8/07 8:30 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Miguelina, you are a VERY bad girl! But I love it. Totally cracked me up!

26/8/07 8:43 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

It was great to meet you, Margalit, I just wish I hadn't been so besieged by babies. I felt very distracted. And your daughter is stunning. Seriously stunning.

26/8/07 9:01 PM  
Anonymous WendyWings said...

I haven't been around in forever, so am doing a major catch up now.So great to see you got to hang with other cool Mommy bloggers.

26/8/07 9:59 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

26/8/07 10:51 PM  
Blogger myminivanisfasterthanyours said...

What a treat getting to see so many bloggers I read regularly! Very fun!

26/8/07 11:37 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a great get-together, and I am totally jealous that you got to have lunch with the completely awesome FOM. (Not being from anywhere within 6,000 miles of NE I don't know any of the other bloggers you mentioned, but I'm betting they're pretty great too if the company they keep is any indication ;-).)

27/8/07 4:25 AM  
Anonymous pinks & blues girls said...

What, no one licked each other for the camera!? :)

I'm glad you brought your camera. I'm kicking myself for forgetting mine, but at least we have some proof of our good time together here!!

Hopefully we'll get to chat more at the next meet-up!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

27/8/07 9:38 AM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

OH, you are so sweet! That photo cracks me up though: it looks like Miguelina is saying something shocking or scary to me! (and, yes, she is the most beautiful blogger on the planet).

Your daughter is a sweetheart. I enjoyed meeting both of you. How was dinner??????

And, hi Robin (in the comments)!

27/8/07 1:10 PM  
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

Well that just made my day! It was wonderful to meet you too! We'll definitely have to talk more next time.

27/8/07 7:42 PM  
Blogger Rock the Cradle said...

Clear Flour woman, eh? Good taste.

Damn I'll miss having a good bakery next year.

Had a blast meeting you all!

28/8/07 12:48 PM  
Blogger Poppy Buxom said...

ARRRRRGH!

You had to post about this right after I drove from New Hampshire to Illinois. You had to rub my frigging nose into my wholesome midwestern location.

You were afraid I was going to crash you get-togethah, weren't you?

Me and my Bosox car magnet can just eff off, can't we?

28/8/07 6:46 PM  
Anonymous my minivan is faster than yours said...

This was so much fun getting to see some faces to go along with the names and people I've been reading all summer. Thanks for sharing these :)

31/8/07 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.