HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm trying really hard. Honest!

I know it's boring to read yet another post about me and my health. Yawn. Even I'm bored talking about it. But it's so much on the forefront of everything else that I can't really think about much else. I'm eventually going to get to the point where other things happen and I can comment upon them, but for right now, it's the Me Me Me show 24/7. Thrilling, huh?

I slept last night and had a very hard time getting up this morning. So I didn't. I entertained the plumber in my nightgown, I had my home health care aide clean the house, I watched a bit of TV and read a lot of a mystery a friend gave me to read in the hospital. At 3 I got up and dressed to be ready for our family therapy session. And what a session it was. The Boy was impossible and the poor therapist was getting so frustrated. She kept looking at me with this pleading look in her eye, and of course he caught on right away that he was pissing her off, so he went for blood. I do not get him sometimes. We have established that he thinks he does lots of stuff voluntarily and never gets praise for it. He also thinks that he is cooperative and always responds to requests to do something right away. Evidentally his world is a bit different from reality. He does NOTHING on his own, and when asked to do something he makes excuses, refuses, or promises to do it later, and never does. Yeah.

Then I took the Girl to CVS to get our prescriptions filled, and she found a 1-lb bag of candy corn for $.88 which has to be the highlight of her year. That child loves candy corn. I mean, she will eat it all year round if she can find it. Loves it. Me, I think it's a seasonal treat, like cinnamon hearts for Valentine's Day and candy canes around Christmas. But not her. Candy corn is an absolute favorite.

Our new CVS is huge. It's located in an retired supermarket, and it has the biggest selection of stuff imaginable. When we go, I tend to want to sit by the pharmacy and wait for the prescriptions to be ready, while the Girl liked to explore the makeup, hair products, and candy. I don't know another person who could spend hours in a CVS happily.

I'm absolutely exhausted after this day, and can't wait to just get back in bed and go to sleep. I have a feeling this bout is going to take a long time to recover from. I honestly feel like crap. I've completely lost my appetite. I just want to lay in bed and cry.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chicky said...

I know you're having a crappy time but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

26/9/07 7:28 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Did you ever hear Louis Black's bit on candy corn? It's hysterical. I find the stuff nasty, but I guess someone has to eat it.


Glad you're feeling better. Hopefully things continue to improve.

27/9/07 12:24 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Sending healing thoughts your way.

27/9/07 4:07 AM  
Anonymous Rhea said...

I wish you could have time in a restful place. Too bad they don't have sanitoriums anymore.

27/9/07 8:32 AM  
Blogger Reflekshins said...

:(

man did i enjoy candy corn as a kid. I also liked bit o' honey and I use to get these malted milk tablets that came in a plastic bottle - Horlicks I think they were called.

27/9/07 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Becky68 said...

I myself can happily spend hours in a CVS or Walgreens. but I love makeup & bath products etc- I would want to have unlimited money though- no fun shopping without it!
I agree with you though- candy corn is seasonal- good for the month before Halloween- not so good the rest of the year- to each their own though.

28/9/07 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.