HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Local Star Sighting at Starbuck$

We had to get up at the crack of dawn this morning. OK, it was 9:30 but it seemed to me to be the crack of dawn considering the last few mornings wakeup time was well into the afternoon. The Girl needed an emergency trip to a neighboring town's library to get the book on CD that she was supposed to read and will be tested on tomorrow. I bet you can guess she never read it. Anyhow....

After a trip to the world's fanciest local palace library, she wanted to stop at a store and see if they had the silver lame (oh my God, yes, silver lame!) purse she has her heart set on carrying tomorrow for the first day of school. But hearts are meant to be broken and they didn't have it. So we trekked down a few storefronts and hit Starbuck$ for the first time in probably a year. I'm a confirmed Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee drinker in the summer, but chic towns like this only have $bucks. I think the last time we had anything to drink was around last Christmas when I discovered the joys of the pumpkin latte. And it was back, so I ordered one. Those things are GOOD.

Sitting outside reading the Times and texting on his cell was Ming Tsai, the owner of Blue Ginger, PBS chef, and philanthropist. He's damn cute irl. I've never been to Blue Ginger because I don't rob banks for a living, but I do watch him on TV and enjoy his fusion cuisine.


The Girl took a photo of him on her cell phone (which is turned off but she is still carrying around for the clock, she says) but we have no clue how to download it. So you'll have to use your imagination here. He was wearing dark shades, a gray polo t-shirt, and plaid shorts. He had Chucks low blacks on his feet with socks. He's thinner than he appears on TV. Nice jawline. Very adorable.

Made my day!

Which needs making since it appears that the Worthless Pet is blocked again. Damn!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Sechakecha said...

Very cool! It's awesome when you see someone famous. I'll never forget the time that, my mom and I got free theatre tickets to go see Caberet, and we ended up sitting next to John Spencer! Needless to say, the guy who gave us the tickets was a little upset. ~.^ (He was a pharmisuitcal (I can't spell, I'm sorry =( ) rep, and was taking some clients out. He had two extra tickets. )

5/9/07 12:17 PM  
Anonymous adamg said...

If this is the gold-plated town I think it is, there are actually at least two whole Dunkin' Donuts - one on Linden Street (sort of the back alley to the main shopping drag; it's where the Roche Bros. is) and one on Rte. 9 westbound (granted, almost in Natick).

I know, I know, but still, us Dunkin' fans have to stick together.

5/9/07 12:46 PM  
Anonymous pinks & Blues Girls said...

A friend of ours used to work for Ming. He was actually at our friend's wedding. He's a good looking guy, huh? And his wife and kids are gorgeous too. Figures!

Jane, P&B Girls

7/9/07 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.