HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 14, 2007

My new career as a Stylist

Not really. Honestly, nobody in their right mind would let me do their hair. Which is why the Girl and her BFF are right this second taking a shower to wash out the magenta-red hair dye I streaked their hair with. And while I was at it, I put in a nice big streak in my own hair. I mean, why not? It says something, right? Like this mid-century mother has lost her freaking mind and is now living her second adolescence. Not all that incorrect. I have lost my mind recently. I think I left it someplace around the house, but nobody seem to know where it is. Perhaps it's time for a closet cleanout.

The Boy just came downstairs and said, "You died your hair too! It's like...Jesus. Jesus. It's badass. It's all silver and pink. Awesome."

Now, I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't have magenta hair. Did he? I don't seem to remember anyone mentioning that about him. God Bless the Boy, he's not all there.

So anyhow, first we had to bleach both girl's hair because BFF has jet black hair and the Girl's hair is very dark brown. Once we bleached, we had to dry the hair. Then we had to dye the hair red, and finally it's time to wash it all out. It was a comedy of errors, this whole process. BFF wanted her bangs done, and a 'few' streaks here and there. Until she saw it and then she wanted more streaks, wider streaks. Her mother explicitly said "not too radical." I have a feeling her mom is going to faint dead away. I tried, I really did, but I have crappy tools. I used the stupid toothbrush-esque thing that came with the dye and it isn't really easy to manage.


Then I had to do the Girl's streaks and I had already done a crappy job earlier in the month, so we had some mistakes to correct at the same time we were doing new mistakes on top of the old. Her baby hairs, well, they were white and now they'll be very bright pink. It will look good once it's dry. I hope.


With the teeny bit left over, I put in a nice wide streak in my own hair where my bangs were growing out. Not a lot, just enough to make you look twice. Or thrice. Because there's nothing less likely to run into around here than an old lady with a big magenta streak in her hair. Second childhood indeed.


Once we'd washed out all this chemical crap from our heads, the girls headed upstairs to use the wet/dry straightener to 'do' their hair. After they're done, the Girl will come downstairs and do mine.

The weirdest thing is that all of our hair has the same color on it, but it's different on each of us. BFF has really bright magenta-red streaks in the front, but the back is much less red. More like pinkish streaks, but very lightly done.



The Girl has very bright red streaks all over her head, lighter in the front, but really red all over.



My streak is more of a lighter pink infused with sparkly gray and dark brown hairs. It's a totally different color on gray hair than it is on bleached black hair.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

I want to come and play!!!!!!

15/9/07 1:54 AM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

Awesome! I think you all look smashing. :-)

15/9/07 1:12 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

You have infinitely more courage than I could ever muster. I tremble when my wife asks me to brush her hair. Using color in a creative manner? Well outside my comfort zone.

I'm deeply impressed - both with your commitment and your capability. Wonderfully done on all fronts!

Shana tovah - from me and from Michele. May this year bring you happiness, health and growth. You deserve nothing less.

15/9/07 1:28 PM  
Anonymous MissMeliss said...

Y'all look great. I am afraid of mistakes, however, so I have my pink streaks (at this point it's most of my head but we still sort of ground it all in chocolate brown) done at my Aveda salon, but I buy the funky dye and they discount my service by the price of the bottle.

Not sure what brand you're using, but I highly recommend Special Effects - it's amazing stuff.

15/9/07 1:31 PM  
Blogger Bernie said...

If you want to come to Sydney, I would happily let you 'streak' my hair, but it HAS to be either blue or green... Shh... don't tell my wife though, ok!!

Here from Michele's this morning...

berniefotoblog and more at burntofferings

15/9/07 8:35 PM  
Blogger Reflekshins said...

i'd go for the streaking part but I don't know about hair :p

you guys are funny

18/9/07 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.