HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh what a night!

My children aren't very nice right now. Not that I'm the nicest person on the block either, but at this moment they are both evil and I'm sick to death of them. Nice huh? Guess I win the bad mommy of the week award. I don't even care, because I'm so tired of them constantly being mean to each other I'd like to throw them both into some Colombian jail for a while and hope they come to their senses.

The Girl has been on a tear for a while now. She's always horrid when she has friends over or is talking to them on the phone because she believes it's cool to act like a roaring bitch in front of her friends. You know, being the leader of the "bad girl" pack these days with her tongue piercing and her magenta hair and all. Actually, most of the time she's sweeter than sugar and a really great kid. But she cannot leave her brother alone. She is SO mean to him, it's really disturbing. She just can't stop, either. The only time I've ever wished there was a man around the house is when she gets like this because what she needs is a serious talking to, and all she does is scream at me. And I mean scream bloody murder if I confront her behavior.

Tonight she went after her brother, who admittedly is about the most annoying human on the planet on a good day, and when I'd had enough and told her to go upstairs she want rabid on me. Screaming foul mouth crap at top volume. I kept telling her to go upstairs and calm down and she kept saying "no" and telling me what she wanted to do instead. Um, it doesn't work that way. Her brother, Mr Delightful, finally went over and pulled the plug on the computer, which really got her going, and she went upstairs for the rest of the night. The thing is, she has decided that she's got to solve all her friends little daily traumas and all of those are WAY more important than things like the dishes and other mundane chores.

And the Boy. He is SUCH an asshat. I can't even begin to describe just how annoying he is and how much he likes to be involved in parenting both me and the Girl. He honestly thinks he's the boss. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't have to sit him down and do the "me parent, you child" lecture, which goes in one ear and out the other. He's so rude. He's so obnoxious and he can be so freaking annoying, but he is rarely mean. When the Girl gets on his case, he gets very mean. The two of them are ready to kill each other. It's really getting bad and I'm just not capable of getting them to stop. I do what you're supposed to do. I don't engage in the arguments. I state my case over and over but I don't argue. I punish. I don't bargain.

However, in full teenage mode, what I say is totally disregarded. I could be a talking chimp for all they care. I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of mommies. I get no respect. None.

I hate when I feel like I can't stand these kids anymore. I mean, EVERY parent of teenagers feels like this. It's a challenge like no other, parenting teens. I admit that I'm not good at parts of it, and I'm very good at other parts. But what I want is for my kids to stop being mean to each other and mean to me. I'm not mean to them, I've never modeled meanness in any way to them, but geesh, they're masters of it.

Lots of times I blame it on the neurological stuff they both have. One kid on the spectrum, one kid bipolar. What a great deal I was dealt! But they have no empathy for each other. Just today I was explaining for the bazillionth time to the Girl about the Boy's lack of small motor skills. This isn't new, he's never had much hand-eye coordination. But we were talking about something she found exceedingly easy the first time out (cutting glass) and that he just could not do, and instead of being understanding when I explained why, she made some nasty crack. I was fit to be tied. Why the nastiness? She's certainly got her own quirks that drive him nuts. Why can't they respect each other's differences? They can with other kids, but not with each other.

Hell, I so need a respite weekend. I'm getting desperate for some time off from them. It's like having gigantic 3 year olds and I've already DONE 3 and do not want to repeat it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

Ummm, you been spying on my kids? They are being nasty and argumentative right now. I'm ready to bash heads. McHub is worse. He called BBB an asshole yesterday. Not how we parent around here plus he's the jerk who rags on everyone about their language. BBB was ready to hit him and not stop. I can't say I blame him. McHub is being the biggest dickhead in the world lately.

Maybe we could run away together?

20/9/07 3:49 PM  
Blogger Reflekshins said...

I'll offer my services for rent.

THAT'S RIGHT TWINS YOU HEARD ME
DON'T MAKE ME PULL THIS BLOG OVER!!

:P

21/9/07 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.