HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tales from the Hospital

I'm still in the hospital, but I have to say, this is the most enjoyable hospital stay I've ever had. When I got sent up from the ER to my room, I found the most wonderful little old lady as my roomate. I absolutely fell in love with her. She is 87 years old, deaf as a post, tiny, Irish, and hilarious. Just totally hilarious. I swear, I laughed so hard yesterday that it was getting dangerous with all that Lasix. She sounds JUST LIKE a character in a fairy tale, only very ribald.

Then I got blessed with not one, but many wonderful nurses. And what a diverse staff. I have had nurses from the Congo, England, Haiti, and some Scandanavian country. Very interesting group of people.

Being in the hospital sucks, no doubt about it, but at least it's been entertaining. I'm feeling a lot better, and I'm definetly on the mend. It was pretty scary there, I got congested VERY quickly, which has never happened before. Usually it's gradual, but on Wed I saw my cardiologist and she said I was totally stable, and by Thursday afternoon I wasn't feeling great, and by Friday I was freaking out and just waiting for the kids to get home from school so I could get to the hospital. It was pretty bleak because when I got the the ER, it was, as usual, packed, and yet they got me in within 10 minutes, into a room within a couple of hours, and medicated up the wazoo really quickly. The hospital staff seems to think that this particular episode was caused by a ridiculous amount of ibuprofan I took for a migraine. I can't take anything for a freaking migraine now. Literally nothing. I'm just going to have to suffer. Which sucks.

The Boy came and surprised me with a visit today. He arrived, got the lunch menu, ordered a huge lunch, ate, and then watched the Patriots. What a guy! Actually it was great seeing him, and he made such an effort to get here.

The Girl is spending tonight with my friend I, and will get on the bus tomorrow morning for school. Hopefully I'll get out of here tomorrow, and then they'll just come home from school as usual.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I really appreciate your kind thoughts. It was a very very strange Yom Kippur, but I'm doing so much better and feeling so much happier. Now if only I could get a frigging night's sleep. I didn't sleep a wink last night, but I caught up on many TV shows I've never had the chance to see, which has been fun. Tonight, Ambien!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Shan said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope you're home soon.

23/9/07 5:09 PM  
Blogger DeeJay said...

So glad you are feeling better my friend! Let us know when you get home.

23/9/07 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Rhea said...

You sound so perky in this post. Happy to hear that. I was worried when I saw the post from The Girl!

23/9/07 7:09 PM  
Anonymous SmocknMama said...

so glad you are doing better. I got worried when i read your daughter posted. i do hope you get tot go home tomorrow. migraines - i. hate. them.

23/9/07 7:39 PM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

I'm so sorry you are in the hospital! Hope you feel better soon!

23/9/07 8:44 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Whoa, I just read all these posts now! How scary. I'm glad you're doing better. Here's to continued improvement.

23/9/07 9:40 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

Glad you're feeling better.

23/9/07 10:02 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Get as better as you possibly can, and seriously, from now on, a phone on your person at all times. I never read anything more frustrating that that "phone too far away" Twitter. Don't let that happen again.

24/9/07 12:47 AM  
Anonymous jo said...

I'm pleased to hear that you sound so much better..indeed, you sound a bit like you've had a holiday break, not exactly on a tropical isle....but you know what I mean.

24/9/07 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Assertagirl said...

So glad you're feeling better, and that your son came to visit. It must have been nice just to have him in the room.

24/9/07 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Neener said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're in the hospital. G-d bless the Ambien. Get strong, keep laughing, come home!
Love, love, love, Nina

24/9/07 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.